Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you ever crack yourself up? :D
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:51 am
I was chatting with someone and she said about herself, “I’m so funny!”. I sometimes say something and no one else (my children) is laughing, but I think it was so funny. Anyone else crack themself up? LOL

yersp

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:04 am
Yep!! All the time and my kids are sitting there looking at each other and looking at me and scratching their heads..... Why is that funny What. And I crack up even more LOL

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:48 am
Yes, and it's usually very politically incorrect.

Sometimes I'll share with DD, and she'll just shake her head and say "You're goin' to hell Mama. Straight to hell." Twisted Evil

And then she'll crack up with me.

Rappel

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:55 am
All the time. Very Happy

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:58 am
Sure do. But it better not happen on the street... I still need shiduchim Wink

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:59 am
Totally! My kids are mostly too young to get it, and dh doesn't necessarily share my sense of humor. So I love sharing a good laugh with.... myself.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:12 am
Yes! Sometimes I amaze my own self with my sense of humor!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:15 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Sure do. But it better not happen on the street... I still need shiduchim Wink

But don't you want to marry a guy "with a good sense of humor"? How else are you going to find him? LOL

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:18 am
When my husband tells over a funny story or comes up with a joke, he’s laughing so hard before he even gets it out, and everyone can’t help but laugh with him.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:24 am
allllll theeeeee timeeeee.....too funny

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:58 am
I'm the funniest person I know. However laughs are few and far between on imamother sadly.

iyar

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:12 am
Yes
Laugh

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:15 am
I have a sarcastic sense of humor. I will say the most absurd thing with a straight face. DH does the same. We will be cracking up and then after a pause people join in.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:18 am
I wish I knew how to do that.

tothepoint

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:22 am
This is so me! I laugh at the most absurd things and very often at the wrong time...my teachers did not appreciate it

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:24 am
I tend to make up silly nonsensical rhymes based on a word someone happens to utter. Sometimes, they're really very funny in a shel silverstienesque way. I spout them out in the middle of anywhere.
My husband doesn't get my humor, but I will laugh with just myself!
It injects some joy into my day

Wife1

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:28 am
And here I thought I was unique 😜

top mom

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:31 am
I sometimes laugh my head off at the weirdest things, while others are patiently waiting for the weirdo to get back to her age and stage LOL

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:01 pm
All the time. It’s so hard not to laugh at my own jokes in conversation or when giving a speech. I don’t know why it’s considered poor etiquette to laugh at one’s own joke if others are laughing, too. Seems rather absurd. (If no one else is laughing, you need to think about why that might be. Either your joke is lame or over their head or you just committed a major social blunder.)

Sometimes I crack up from the memory of a joke I heard in the past, or an amusing episode in my life. I’ve bitten my lip clear through trying not to laugh in mass transit. .

yersp

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:05 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I tend to make up silly nonsensical rhymes based on a word someone happens to utter. Sometimes, they're really very funny in a shel silverstienesque way. I spout them out in the middle of anywhere.
My husband doesn't get my humor, but I will laugh with just myself!
It injects some joy into my day

Laugh
Reminds me of what I do when I'm in a mood. Took some time for my kids and husband to get used to it and they actually join me! I twist letters around from every second word so it sounds like a made up language LOL LOL until the kids chapped what I was doing and they join me LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette