Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Looking for support and suggestions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:26 am
My baby is 5 months old kh. She never took a pacifier or bottle no matter what I tried. She has a ton of teeth and is still teething. She has been out of whack for quite some time. I posted already about her green poop and people seem to say it's normal. She has major fomo and is extremely kvetchy with me in the mornings but is an angel when the other kids are around in the afternoon. I can't get a thing done and I'm at the end of my rope. She also has not been sleeping well and won't go to sleep with me and in general is just nuts with me. I feel so stupid like why can't I put my own baby to sleep (other people can but on me she's so restless). And I'm constantly juggling her if I try to get anything done which makes everything take longer and seem harder.
Thanks for letting me vent I feel better already.
Any advice???

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:30 am
Are you home with her all day? Maybe send her to a group babysitter for a couple hours in the a.m.

tichellady

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:31 am
Babies can be so hard! It sounds like she is social. Do you two get out of the house during the day at all?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:32 am
1. Wear her around the house, if you do not already do so. Most babies like it, although there are some that don’t. (I had one who absolutely refused.)
2. If you don’t do it already, maybe consider co-sleeping at night? It’s not for everyone, but it might work for you.
3. Babies shouldn’t be in them for extended periods of time, but perhaps get her a swing or bouncer, if you don’t already have one.
4. If you haven’t yet, it may be time to start solids.

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:46 am
Maybe start her on solids. Could be every time she is with you, then she wants to nurse

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:00 am
5 months is way to young to start on solids.
It's a normal things for babies to be more whiney when mom is holding them.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 1:35 pm
Update:
I take back everything I said. She started throwing up which is extremely strange for someone who is only BF. But her kvetching had nothing to do with me. She really wasn't feeling well. Poor thing. Going to dr now, she threw up a few times already Crying

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:18 pm
Good luck! Refua shleima

Rappel

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:22 pm
Refuah sheleimah!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:23 pm
Amen amen. Thank you.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:14 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
5 months is way to young to start on solids.
It's a normal things for babies to be more whiney when mom is holding them.

I started more than one kid on solids at 4 months, as per my doctor’s recommendation.

Ima4therecord

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:43 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I started more than one kid on solids at 4 months, as per my doctor’s recommendation.

Ditto.. Except for grains. My doctor said to start grains at 6 months. At two now my daughter is obsessed with vegetables and fruit! I wonder if that's why but who knows..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics