Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
New career

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:54 am
I’m looking for a career change. I Never went to college but I was a paralegal for many years. I’m very burnt out and I’m looking for something new, even if I have to take a course or two. One of the things I’ve been thinking about is medical billing. I saw some courses online but it’s so overwhelming! I have no idea where to start. Has anyone here taken a course on it? Are you happy with the profession? I would love some guidance if anyone could give me. Also I’m open to other suggestions. I love sitting behind a desk but I also love people...I’m a person who can do both.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking for a career change. I Never went to college but I was a paralegal for many years. I’m very burnt out and I’m looking for something new, even if I have to take a course or two. One of the things I’ve been thinking about is medical billing. I saw some courses online but it’s so overwhelming! I have no idea where to start. Has anyone here taken a course on it? Are you happy with the profession? I would love some guidance if anyone could give me. Also I’m open to other suggestions. I love sitting behind a desk but I also love people...I’m a person who can do both.

If you want to do medical billing there are many frum companies that will hire without any prior experience or training. I don't know where you are located, but there are some companies that have branches in almost every frum area. And from what I hear they are always looking for good people.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:30 am
How about PPC? It's takes a lot of skill, but is a specialty that is very in demand.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:31 am
Have you considered being a paralegal in a different practice area or a different type of firm? Paralegals in large law firms often work a lot of overtime and face time pressure, but there are other paralegal jobs.

At my DH's firm, for example (a very small firm with a niche practice), the paralegals do not earn as much as at a large firm, but they face a lot less stress and work shorter hours with no overtime ever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics