Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Is it shabbos yet mishpacha
1  2  Next

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:56 am
Ok sooo funny this weeks kichels. Sounds like the writters are on here and put the comments to good use.

gingertop

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:03 am
Ha! I just opened my Mishpacha packet to see what you're talking about. Definitely looks like imamother inspired. Great Kichels episode as usual. I especially like the coming next week note.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:33 am
can someone post a picture of it here?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:56 pm
Uh oh, I feel exploited! I've noticed afew times articles in magazines shortly after it was a heated thread here.

ibelongtosomebody

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:58 pm
Can someone post a pic of it here?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 2:24 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Uh oh, I feel exploited! I've noticed afew times articles in magazines shortly after it was a heated thread here.

It usually has no correlation.
The magazines are written 6 months in advance. So now they are wrapping up the Pesach Mishpacha right now.

It's possible to push things further back and write something very quickly but there isn't any reason to do so just for imamother. Such things are done when chas vishalom someone is niftar or something big is going on that needs coverage ASAP.

Only a weekly slot for a specific writer such as the kichels has more leeway and it takes less time to create and write it and approve it.

shanie5

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:01 pm
ibelongtosomebody wrote:
Can someone post a pic of it here?

I got it in a whattsapp, didn't know it was from a magazine. I thought it was perfect for imamother. But I don't know how to post pics. I can send it to someone if they pm me with their phone number.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:11 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
It usually has no correlation.
The magazines are written 6 months in advance. So now they are wrapping up the Pesach Mishpacha right now.

It's possible to push things further back and write something very quickly but there isn't any reason to do so just for imamother. Such things are done when chas vishalom someone is niftar or something big is going on that needs coverage ASAP.

Only a weekly slot for a specific writer such as the kichels has more leeway and it takes less time to create and write it and approve it.

As someone in the mag industry, I need to point out your mistake. ONLY the Pesach and Sukkos issues are worked on six months in advance. The rest needs to be current and is usually a few weeks ahead, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

The thread in question is from a while ago so totally possible that it inspired the comic...

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:28 pm
Which thread are you referencing?
I saw the Kichels this week and it’s so funny!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:49 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
As someone in the mag industry, I need to point out your mistake. ONLY the Pesach and Sukkos issues are worked on six months in advance. The rest needs to be current and is usually a few weeks ahead, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

The thread in question is from a while ago so totally possible that it inspired the comic...

Really. Then why when they accept something I write it appears 6 months later? That what I was always told.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:17 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Really. Then why when they accept something I write it appears 6 months later? That what I was always told.

She might mean the regular columns and feature articles are current. The fillers (e.g. personal narratives) or not immediately topical articles probably are juggled over the months to fit in with the rest of the magazine.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:28 am
Can someone please post the picture? I'm really curious to see it now.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:19 am
PinkFridge wrote:
She might mean the regular columns and feature articles are current. The fillers (e.g. personal narratives) or not immediately topical articles probably are juggled over the months to fit in with the rest of the magazine.

I don't have a regular column. If I'm writing something it's the latter.
Interesting..

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:43 am
https://imgur.com/a/sKh0DHh
Idk why the content warning comes up though

imasoftov

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:30 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

I didn't get a warning, perhaps you have a filter (on your device or on your internet connection) that is responsible for that.

acemom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:47 am
I clicked on the link posted as I don't have the magazine mentioned.

Hilarious!!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:20 pm
LOVED IT! SO spot on.

cbsp

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:30 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

Thank you for posting this.

Just posting the actual image here in case people can't open the link :

iyar

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:36 pm
That was great!
Mrs Kichel is one of us. She's right here on imamother. Possibly as you read these words...

(Don't bother please posting along the lines of, "I work as a writer, editor and publisher of three major Jewish magazines and we're now putting the final touches on our Mattan Torah Cheesecake Flower Decor issue and this went to print before I gave birth to my toddler.")

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:41 pm
iyar wrote:
That was great!
Mrs Kichel is one of us. She's right here on imamother. Possibly as you read these words...

(Don't bother please posting along the lines of, "I work as a writer, editor and publisher of three major Jewish magazines and we're now putting the final touches on our Mattan Torah Cheesecake Flower Decor issue and this went to print before I gave birth to my toddler.")

Can you imagine if they actually waited to create their content the week it goes to print??? Omg the chaos
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room