Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Divorcee-plz help Sheitel

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:38 pm
I need to buy a new sheitel. Old one looks ratty. I'm going to be dating and I want it to be very natural and beautiful, so I can feel good about myself once again - I aged 10 years from this divorce:'( Please tell me where I can buy-brooklyn area - and any other info I should know...Tia! Hashem should bentch you for your help1

thanks

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 2:17 pm
Price range?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 4:31 pm
I really need this self care, I was severely abused and am a shell of myself and feel like a loser so I am willing to spend any kind of money so I can start taking care and feeling better about myself.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 4:37 pm
Hugs! I'm proud of you for taking this step. I think that a good sheitel macher is just as important as the actual sheitel. I hope Brooklyn women will chime in with ideas.

Irene sells nice wigs, they look very nice on, and they run in the cheaper range so you can get two, one for every day wear and one for dates and events etc. I am very happy with my irene!

I have heard good things about Yaffi (very pricey), Shevy is a classic, BK wigs; those are all pricier but they looks silky and nice.

Eva and Chloe seems to be a trendier and cheaper line, with wigs that have interesting highlights.

I am certainly not the best person to ask but I am posting to also bump this up so hopefully some sheitel mavens can help you out.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 4:40 pm
Dvorawigs is really sweet and helpful.. she carries her own line... I’ve been very happy with her work. In marine park

esther11

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need to buy a new sheitel. Old one looks ratty. I'm going to be dating and I want it to be very natural and beautiful, so I can feel good about myself once again - I aged 10 years from this divorce:'( Please tell me where I can buy-brooklyn area - and any other info I should know...Tia! Hashem should bentch you for your help1

I don’t really know much, but maybe if you specified more of what type of look you want it would help narrow down the options:

Silky? Textured? Color/highlights? More body? Natural/flat? Wavy? Straight?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:11 pm
flat lace top is the ONLY way to go. Highlight the front and add babyhair.

If you have the money, get a DINI
if you dont, get a Sary

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:25 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
flat lace top is the ONLY way to go. Highlight the front and add babyhair.

If you have the money, get a DINI
if you dont, get a Sary

I came here to say to try a lace top, however im going to disagree with this. Its not the only way to go. Ive def seen bad looking ones and I dont think a severe part and flat top is for every face or shape...

mlc

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:34 pm
Yaffi is Gorgous for high end. Irene lace top are stunning for less but won’t last as long.

Chani Kramer in Brooklyn is an artist. She gets the wigs looking like natural hair but better !

Her number is 718-676-6003

Good luck! You deserve to feel good about yourself!

PaperDoll

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:56 pm
all I will say is that lace tops are very tricky to own bc they need to be washed very carefully , so that's hard.

also, you can totally see it on ppl and it just looks so weird upfront
(no offense to anyone, just my opinion)

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:05 pm
I also recommend Irene. Just got one, under $1500, beautiful with rooting, highlights, just gorgeous. Looks so high end, with no lace front or top, just a great cut. Can't vouch for how long it will last, because it is still so new, but I heard they look great for at least two years. Make sure you buy one that's practically a pre-cut, so you can know what it will really look like on you, and get it finally cut by someone you trust.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Do NOT go to Shevys. I was robbed, insulted and treated like dirt!! My favorite of all the wigs I’ve had is Fortune, on Coney Island ave.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:06 am
When I got divorced, one of the first things I also did to pull myself together was to buy a fall (Irene). It’s important to feel good about the way you look- especially if your psak is to cover your hair as mine was, and you want to feel like you look like yourself. I spent $900 on it, and don’t regret a penny. I needed the self care and confidence that came with wearing a wig that looked like my hair, despite the circumstances.
Hashem should give you much hatzlacha, healing, and Nechama.

lcraighten

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:15 am
Gittel Malinowitz is great! She sells a whole bunch of different types and is a pleasure to work with Smile

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:37 am
Try a pony wig with lace front/top. I just bought one and I'm very happy with how young and natural it looks.

Librarian

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:01 am
Get a lace front not lace top. The lace top is very very delicate and not a good investment. My new Yaffi is gorgeous and I get many compliments from random sheitle machers I meet. And I am not so young. I loved my BK but changed the whole top to make it flat like my Yaffi.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:33 am
Claire Grunwald at Claire Accuhair is the kindest, gentlest, loveliest person - as are her daughters. I imagine that she would be a very soothing presence. PLUS of course, she does gorgeous custom sheitels. https://www.claireswigstudio.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics