Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Going off dairy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 2:27 pm
When my baby was around a month old the pediatrician recommended that I cut back/ eliminate dairy from my (nursing) diet for a certain medical reason. It turned out not to be relevant medically, but it was clear that my baby became much happier and calmer within a few days of me cutting dairy from my diet. I had dairy a couple of times since then and I saw a noticeable behavioral reaction in my baby later that day or the next day. Now it's been two months and I plan to stick with it for a while.

So my question is, for anyone who eliminated dairy from their diet while nursing: when did you reintroduce it to your diet, and at what point did you feel your baby was ok with it? Also, did you ever have non cow milk products (goat, sheep) and your baby was ok with it? This is not my first child but it's the first time I'm doing this, and trying to figure out how to proceed.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 2:32 pm
My babies were both very sensitive to dairy in my diet and outgrew it before a year old.

I'd try it again at 9 months.

You can reintroduce once and see the results pretty quickly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics