Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
YTT Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:06 pm
Hi, I am trying to find out some more info about ytt. So far I have heard only excellent things but I don’t know anyone my age (young, sending first kid to school), sending there and I don’t know why. I know many people who went there years ago, who are now adults. Does anyone have a good idea of what kind of crowd it is. What do mothers dress like? Where do they send their daughters?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 2:12 am
It has a name of being not a yeshivish School but if I had boys I would only want to send there. They focus on middos and producing a happy frum kid. Not sure why you only hear of older ppl sending there, I actually know 2 ppl applying for next year with their oldests. I only have girls and I send to Bnos Brocha but if I had boys YTT would be my first choice.

ETA most of my brothers went to YTT and I have a bunch of nephews there now as well. I love what I see and my sisters in law are thrilled there.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:12 am
I dont know why but I could imagine they fill up mostly on siblings so they accept very little new parent. Moat oldest have to go to one of the newer schools

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:20 am
YTT produces the happiest boys from all the schools. It has its downsides but that’s a huge factor for me.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:36 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
YTT produces the happiest boys from all the schools. It has its downsides but that’s a huge factor for me.

Really? The happiest? That's a huge statement... I've seen many many happy boys from all different schools.
On a diff note, it's a wonderful school but does have its name of not being yeshivish which is a plus (for some people it's not a good fit) and they don't focus on stupidity like many other Lakewood schools do. I would say girls schools would be tehillas chaya Sara, some bnos bracha as well.
I'm sure you did your research before choosing and hope your experience is a good one!

lkwdgirl

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:10 am
YTT is an amazing place!!! Rabbi Gelbwachs is so warm and is the most amazing mehanchim I know. My boys went there and there’s nothing like it. The Rebbeim are phenomenal and rabbi Feldman is being superb. Yes they have a more “modern “ Clientele but apparently they’re cracking down on that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:34 am
Thanks everyone. I have pull there from a few different directions and we aren't particularly yeshivish in hashkafa, but we are frum enough to fit into other Lakewood mainstream schools as well...we look like the typical young Lakewood couple - white shirt and black pants, I dress trendy but typical for the young Lakewood crowd. My only concern is with ytt that it will impact where my daughter gets accepted (this is still several years away. I would want to send her to one of the newer but mainstream schools such as meoros, nachlas, bnos Esther malka. not a school thats half falling apart every summer.

giselle

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone. I have pull there from a few different directions and we aren't particularly yeshivish in hashkafa, but we are frum enough to fit into other Lakewood mainstream schools as well...we look like the typical young Lakewood couple - white shirt and black pants, I dress trendy but typical for the young Lakewood crowd. My only concern is with ytt that it will impact where my daughter gets accepted (this is still several years away. I would want to send her to one of the newer but mainstream schools such as meoros, nachlas, bnos Esther malka. not a school thats half falling apart every summer.

Oh please, one school that wasn’t super mainstream fell apart. And it had nothing to do with that. Suddenly that includes all of the less mainstream schools?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What Giselle said.

I don't know of any other school that is falling apart. Tehilas Chaya Sarah, for example, is very well run and established. It's a great school for those who want a solid chinuch for their daughters but not necessarily yeshivish.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:50 am
giselle wrote:
Oh please, one school that wasn’t super mainstream fell apart. And it had nothing to do with that. Suddenly that includes all of the less mainstream schools?
[quote]

This

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:14 am
giselle wrote:

Ok. Not that familiar with girls schools that are good but not very yeshivish. Thought ateres tzipora was the only one.

keym

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok. Not that familiar with girls schools that are good but not very yeshivish. Thought ateres tzipora was the only one.

Tehillas Chaya Sara is a very well run, non yeshivish school with a very good name. I don't know the details of the academics, but it is at least up to par with the average school.
Ateres Tziporah did not fail because it's "not yeshivish". It was messy with politics and rumors.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:33 am
keym wrote:
Tehillas Chaya Sara is a very well run, non yeshivish school with a very good name. I don't know the details of the academics, but it is at least up to par with the average school.
Ateres Tziporah did not fail because it's "not yeshivish". It was messy with politics and rumors.

I agree to this.. It's a great school and run very well.. Ateres tzipora had a lot of factors that set itself up for failure.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:02 am
What about by of ocean county.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 1:11 pm
How hard is it to get in?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children