Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Baby gift for teacher who had a baby

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:07 pm
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the place to post but I'd love to hear from teachers as well as others.
My little son's ganenet had a baby right before Rosh Hashanah. It's been on my mind since then that I want to get her a present. However these past few weeks/months have been so hectic that I really just didn't get around to it. She has been on maternity leave but I think will be returning soon and I'm embarrassed I didn't do this.
a) how common is it for parents to give a present?
b) am I too late... should I just forget it at this point?
c) What is a good gift? It's her fourth or fifth child and it's hard for me to imagine she doesn't have whatever she needs by now... Plus this baby is not so newborn anymore at this point.
I'm in Israel. In the US I'd do a Target gift card but here... I don't know. I probably could have found something equivalent but that feels so silly at this point? Or is it not? Where could I find a nice and useful gift card?
I would love to get her something special from the US (that would also make me feel less embarrassed about being so late...) but what?? It's a baby girl. I don't want to buy a baby girl outfit because I really don't know her taste. Toys either--she's a preschool teacher! I'm sure she knows better than me what she wants and has what she needs by now.
Thanks everyone in advance for advice or who can make me feel better about the situation!

dankbar

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:47 am
gift card to a local store that sells baby gear, baby clothes or toys.

Jewelry

Diaper bag

Stretchie/outfit in next size, not nb/3 mos just a 6 mos winter or for next season ex if now is winter & velour is going, so let's say do a 6-9 or 9-12 mos in cotton for spring etc. or light sweater/jacket or spring blanket.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 1:52 am
I find you can’t go wrong with a nice cotton stretchie in a larger size (9mo works well). They don’t last forever and pjs are year round
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics