Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Asher yotzar at night

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:49 am
Does anyone know whether a woman who goes to the toilet in the middle of the night has to say Asher Yozar which involves washing negelwasser. Or can a woman go to toilet wash their hands(not negelwasser) and then straight back to bed?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:54 am
I always wash 6 times because you touch a body part that's supposed to be covered, even when I use the bathroom at 2 in the afternoon. But I dont do the whole washing your face, rinsing out your mouth, and saying modah ani when I go at night.

amother
White

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:31 am
Yes, of course you need to wash negel vaaser and say Asher yarzar

Usually the middle of the night is a big emergency so I go to the bathroom first and afterwards I wash and say Asher yatzar when I’m back in my bed

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:57 am
I am pretty sure that I learned (Litvitch) that you don't do it at night when you are going right back to sleep. A little internet research reveals mixed options. Some say that it is preferable to wash, but no bracha. Therefore, you should ask your LOR, or at least someone who follows similar minhagim to yourself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics