Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Israel, white shirts

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:22 am
can anyone please suggest what detergent works to make or keep my husbands white shirts white. thanks!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:53 am
I use Persil brand (I prefer the blue color scent wise) and DH's white Shabbat shirts stay perfectly white. Ironically I didn't like the way Tide washes clothes here.

banana123

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:59 am
I use Persil but the shirts still turn yellow.
What temperature do you wash them on? Do you use bleach?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:04 am
banana123 wrote:
I use Persil but the shirts still turn yellow.
What temperature do you wash them on? Do you use bleach?

No bleach whatsoever, machine wash cold for everything. My machine is an 8kg Candy. I do half hour wash cycle, hour and a half dry. Haven't had any problems with white stuff turning yellow?

blessedflower

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:10 am
I use vanish. Not the one to take out stains but a different one to use for washing white laundry. I'm very happy will the results

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:38 am
My dh insists on using Economica bleach in the washing machine. Bit radical and I don't like the smell, but as long as he does those washes by himself and puts only his own things and tableclothes in - it works. What

banana123

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:45 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
No bleach whatsoever, machine wash cold for everything. My machine is an 8kg Candy. I do half hour wash cycle, hour and a half dry. Haven't had any problems with white stuff turning yellow?

What's cold? 15 or 30 degrees?
Wonder if I did a quick wash, if they would stay white....but it's kinda gross to do that for underwear, no?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:59 am
banana123 wrote:
What's cold? 15 or 30 degrees?
Wonder if I did a quick wash, if they would stay white....but it's kinda gross to do that for underwear, no?

Ummm, I'll get back to you on that, lol. A wash in the States was a half hour too. As far as I can tell everything comes out squeaky clean. I guess it also depends on how powerful your machine is? I got the 8kg because I would never do laundry if I had an hour/hour and a half long wash cycle. The only issue I've ever had was I get these weird spots if I over stuff the machine.

meyerlemon44

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:46 am
Do you guys have sodium percarbonate in Israel? It’s pure peroxide and I love it for whites. I soak a bunch of whites in hot water and a few oz of SP, and they look amazing afterwards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions