Home

Only Trump Can Say... (for entertainment purposes only)
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Cheiny

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:22 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
ROFLMAO.

You won’t be laughing the day after the election. LOL

Cheiny

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:23 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Well, until our spouse (for example!) says the same thing...

There are different standards for Jews, especially frum Jews. I think it’s absurdly disingenuous to compare the 2.

Cheiny

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:24 pm
roses wrote:
Yeah, me too. Although I am curious about how the documentation of said body part occurred? And where this incredibly documented evidence of his body part is archived? This is really important information to know about the president. It's great that he is sharing all of that with us.

And that you and your friends are spending so much time discussing it! LOL LOL LOL

chanatron1000

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:28 pm
Cheiny wrote:
You really should try not to get yourself so worked up about this president; you’re going to have to deal with it for another 5 years.

Putting aside the main issues, why do some people seem to take pleasure from seeing people get upset at a president they consider unsuitable?

Cheiny

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:29 pm
Jeanette wrote:
She is not conservative.
She is not liberal.
She is greedy and self-serving like all the Trumps.
Why can't people see that?

Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

And the fact that you actually believe you know what’s in Ivanka’s mind, just as you claim to know what’s in her father’s mind (“he couldn’t care less about you! He’s only in this for the money!”), is a great example of what irrational hatred of the Pres. does....

Cheiny

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:31 pm
roses wrote:
That's one possibility.
The other strong possibility is that they will all be sitting in federal or state prison together. In which case, running their campaigns may prove to be challenging.

I sure hope you’re not holding your breath. How are those witch hunts, uh, I mean investigations working for ya? Lol.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi.....o-quo

Cheiny

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:34 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Putting aside the main issues, why do some people seem to take pleasure from seeing people get upset at a president they consider unsuitable?

There’s a big difference between considering someone unsuitable, and being obsessed with irrational hatred.

roses

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:57 pm
Cheiny wrote:
You won’t be laughing the day after the election. LOL

Just a question.

What will you do if Trump is removed from office or loses the election? Like, how will you handle it? Will you go into mourning? How will you handle the grief? What do you imagine you will be doing on the day after, if that does occur?

Mayflower

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 4:13 am
This thread looked very promising.. Shame it got hijacked by self appointed Defenders of the Great Leader.

“Democrats can’t find a Smocking Gun tying the Trump campaign to Russia after James Comey’s testimony. No Smocking Gun...No Collusion.”

“I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.”

"I think that putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing. …I don't want to sound too much like a chauvinist, but when I come home and dinner's not ready, I'll go through the roof, okay?”

Edited to add my absolute favorite, Donald's stream of consciousness :

" Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

yo'ma

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 7:48 am
Gulabi wrote:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/the-ballooning-of-donald-trump

Nothing with how I feel about Trump, but besides being extremely immature, that is so disrespectful on so many levels!!! I don’t care what you feel about Trump, he is the president of a country and he does deserve an iota of respect. If a student did it to a teacher and even if the teacher was terrible, would it be okay?

As far as him being funny, when he says things that are obviously supposed to be not taken seriously, it’s funny. When he says things that are funny because it’s so sad, not humorous, but he’s not the only who’s done that. It’s hard to be in the spotlight.

PinkFridge

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 7:56 am
wiki wrote:
No question Trump "gets away" with saying a lot of things that other public figures could not get away with. That's probably not a good thing.

(And "gets away with" is a loose term. All of these quips have horrified the press. He only "gets away with" them in the sense that he maintains his base of supporters who are a sizable minority of the country.)

Anyway, you can be outraged or you can be humored. The best course through this period of our history is probably to be a little bit of both.

I'm going to share a story that may or may not be relevant in 2019.
President Lincoln seemed quite jocular and always had a good story. Someone asked him how he could be so cheerful during this very serious time. He said, "I laugh to keep from crying."

Squishy

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 7:56 am
Mayflower wrote:
This thread looked very promising.. Shame it got hijacked by self appointed Defenders of the Great Leader.

“Democrats can’t find a Smocking Gun tying the Trump campaign to Russia after James Comey’s testimony. No Smocking Gun...No Collusion.”

“I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.”

"I think that putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing. …I don't want to sound too much like a chauvinist, but when I come home and dinner's not ready, I'll go through the roof, okay?”

Edited to add my absolute favorite, Donald's stream of consciousness :

" Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

The thead got hijacked by anti-Trumpers. Go look at Zaqs first post and then look at everyone telling her to stop.

These posters need to insert their hatred into threads that have nothing to do with Trump. I can't understand their one dimensional thinking.

But at least be honest at who changed the tone on the thead. It is the tantruming Democratics.

PinkFridge

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 7:58 am
Cheiny wrote:
There are different standards for Jews, especially frum Jews. I think it’s absurdly disingenuous to compare the 2.

Um, I agree with the theory. I remember hearing Rabbi Nosson Scherman say at an Agudah convention about 30 years ago that it's not enough for us to be better than the general world. We're not using others as a barometer, we have an objective level to reach. Yisrael is definitely the highest level (starting with domem, etc.).

But there are certain human reactions that we should all be sharing. If the outside world is going to appreciate our stands on marriage, then it's quite useful if they have a paradigm of deep relationship.

Gulabi

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 8:37 am
yo'ma wrote:
Nothing with how I feel about Trump, but besides being extremely immature, that is so disrespectful on so many levels!!! I don’t care what you feel about Trump, he is the president of a country and he does deserve an iota of respect. If a student did it to a teacher and even if the teacher was terrible, would it be okay?

As far as him being funny, when he says things that are obviously supposed to be not taken seriously, it’s funny. When he says things that are funny because it’s so sad, not humorous, but he’s not the only who’s done that. It’s hard to be in the spotlight.

It was 2012, he wasn't president. And Scotland found it hilarious

itsmeima

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:23 am

Last edited by itsmeima on Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Rubber Ducky

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:31 am
Mayflower wrote:
This thread looked very promising.. Shame it got hijacked by self appointed Defenders of the Great Leader...

Read the thread title: Only Trump Can Say... (for entertainment purposes only)

I agree with you that this thread looked (and started out) very promising. But here's a link to the exact post on the first page where it went South, and it's not from a deranged pro-Trumper: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....06255

Jeanette

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:37 am
Oh those nasty Democrats for taking the job of the presidency seriously and thinking that maybe we shouldn't have a ranting buffoon filling that role. Can't they just lighten UP.

Yael

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:42 am
The word deranged has been edited and removed. I would ask everyone to respect the parameters of this thread and keep your posts here lighthearted. Save the arguments for one of the million other threads.

In general please keep your discourse civil and respectful, with the understanding that we are all friends here.

Jeanette

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:47 am
Yael wrote:
The word deranged has been edited and removed. I would ask everyone to respect the parameters of this thread and keep your posts here lighthearted. Save the arguments for one of the million other threads.

In general please keep your discourse civil and respectful, with the understanding that we are all friends here.

I don't know, Yael. Maybe it's a legitimate POV to point out that these comments coming from POTUS are alarming rather than charming and amusing. It's like watching a drunkard rolling around in filth. Are you seriously going to find fault with the people saying they don't find it funny?

Yael

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:48 am
Feel free to start a spinoff.
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 6 of 9 View latest: 24h 48h 72h