Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why is it that...

zaza

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 2:38 pm
All my wigs get knotted in the neckline?
First I thought it's because of the brand so I bought another one...
Now 2 wigs later my wigs get all knotted in the neckline. My wigs simply split in two...
Can anyone help me out? What am I doing wrong?

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 2:48 pm
I've had really cheap shaitels and really expensive ones, and all of them knot at the nape of your neck in the back. They just all do.

It's possible that getting really really silky hair can stop that, or short ones, but the current trend of long hair and wavy-ish hair that can hold a wave just means that they will knot in the back. Brush, use leave in conditioner, etc.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 2:50 pm
Natural head hair does that too.

corolla

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:13 pm
I have a long sheitel that knots like crazy, so I make a thin braid right at the nape that's invisible from the front. It doesn't completely prevent knots, but definitely makes them much more manageable.

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:19 pm
corolla wrote:
I have a long sheitel that knots like crazy, so I make a thin braid right at the nape that's invisible from the front. It doesn't completely prevent knots, but definitely makes them much more manageable.

Not understanding.
Do you mean that you take a small amount from the inside, like the bottom 2 layers of hair, and braid those?

My most expensive one knots terribly.
(Other ones are fine)

Librarian

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:29 pm
Try a deep conditioning treatment. Also, I try to have my wigs blown straight in the winter. Straight hair knots less when rubbing against the coat.

azoygeshmak

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 4:28 pm
Get it washed more frequently and brush carefully and thoroughly after every wear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels