Home

Recipes that taste gourmet...

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

happinessseeker

Post  Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:32 pm
...but are actually simple!! Anyone have a favorite recipe to share? I make this steak recipe whenever I want a delicious restaurant-worthy meal and am looking for more ideas!! https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....k-103

MiriFr

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 2:44 am
We make super fancy pizza with pears, toasted pecans, caramelized onions, and a balsamic glaze.
And I get creative with burgers!

FranticFrummie

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:04 am
I love, love, love watching cooking shows.

1. Buy the very best quality ingredients you can. Simple doesn't have to mean common or bland.

2. Learn how to layer seasonings during the cooking process. Some go in at the beginning, some in the middle, and some for finishing the dish.

3. If you are not cooking meat, use tons of butter! All professional cooks do this. That's why restaurant food tastes better than the food at home. Home cooks are afraid of calories, so they don't use enough butter.

4. Cook seasonally. Only cook with fruits and veggies that are in season, and avoid things that are imported and shipped long distances. A farmer's market or shuk is always your best bet. Local produce is always best.

FranticFrummie

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:09 am
Pasta with Mushroom Cream Sauce

Cook pasta that is small and has little places to scoop up sauce. Cook al dente, drain and rinse.

In another pan, put in a LOT of butter, a big bunch of sliced fresh mushrooms (white, brown, or a combination) and some minced shallots and fresh garlic. If you can't find shallots, you can use onion, but it's not the same. Add a pinch of nutmeg, and season with salt while cooking.

Add the pasta into the pan with the mushrooms, and stir to coat. Add heavy cream (38%) and stir. Finish with freshly grated Parmesan or other hard cheese, and a quick grind of fresh black pepper.

This is SO easy, and tastes incredibly expensive. If you are serving it for company, get fresh basil leaves for garnish.

happinessseeker

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:28 am
MiriFr wrote:
We make super fancy pizza with pears, toasted pecans, caramelized onions, and a balsamic glaze.
And I get creative with burgers!

That does sound fancy!
Yes burgers are a good idea. I used to do that with fried eggs on top; thanks for the reminder.

Last edited by happinessseeker on Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

happinessseeker

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:28 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Pasta with Mushroom Cream Sauce

Cook pasta that is small and has little places to scoop up sauce. Cook al dente, drain and rinse.

In another pan, put in a LOT of butter, a big bunch of sliced fresh mushrooms (white, brown, or a combination) and some minced shallots and fresh garlic. If you can't find shallots, you can use onion, but it's not the same. Add a pinch of nutmeg, and season with salt while cooking.

Add the pasta into the pan with the mushrooms, and stir to coat. Add heavy cream (38%) and stir. Finish with freshly grated Parmesan or other hard cheese, and a quick grind of fresh black pepper.

This is SO easy, and tastes incredibly expensive. If you are serving it for company, get fresh basil leaves for garnish.

Thy sounds incredible! Thank you for sharing.

FranticFrummie

Post  Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:32 am
happinessseeker wrote:
Thy sounds incredible! Thank you for sharing.

You can make the sauce separately. Then buy premade ravioli, cook lightly, and pour the sauce on top. The cheese ravioli adds an extra layer of decadence. Served with a green salad, you have the perfect meal.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h