Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone lives on 11th and 50th, near "Carlebach Minyan"?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:38 am
Anyone lives on 11th Avenue and 50th Street, near "a Carlebach Minyan in a house"? How would I get more info?

I asked on another thread if anyone is aware of a Carlebach Minyan in BP.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....09057

Someone answered that they think theres one, because they pass and hear many people singing Carlebach, in a house on 11th avenue, between 50th and 51st streets, davening time, but doesnt know details.

Details anyone?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:44 am
I know the house.

What kind of details are you looking for?

It is on 11 avenue between 50 and 51.

You can't miss it, they have colored lights in the dining room that you can see from the outside and you hear the singing and dancing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 12:15 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I know the house.

What kind of details are you looking for?

It is on 11 avenue between 50 and 51.

You can't miss it, they have colored lights in the dining room that you can see from the outside and you hear the singing and dancing.

Do they allow people they dont know? Do they allow women? How would I get contact info?

I was at the Carlebach Yahrtzeit concert last night that went on for 3 hours with Eitan Katz, and Sruli Wulliger and Yehuda Green. People would have stayed another few hours I think, and many were standing because they ran out of seats. It was very beautiful (for those who love Carlebach music and many do, there were plenty of men with bekeshes).

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 12:56 pm
Its not for everyone, but theres definitely an interest in Carlebach music even in Chassidish crowds.

I think its good for Kiruv Rchokim, and Krovim, too.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 1:05 pm
I far as I know they have a minyin almost every Friday night but it’s for men only in someone’s dining room. They have a WhatsApp group where they post to see if they will have a minyin and time...

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 1:07 pm
There’s also a minyan sometimes on 13 ave And 54 on top of dips Friday night for men only too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 1:46 pm
Are there enough women who would be interested in a Carlebach Minyan that women can go to, on Shabbos day?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries