Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Itchy and bumpy scar

noidea

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:39 pm
Got a deep cut which did not heal right. Am left with a large bumpy and itchy scar.
Any ideas how to permanently stop the itchiness? Or how to get rid of the ugly bump? Local Dr has not been helpful.
Thanks in advance!

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:57 pm
itchiness is a sign of infection healing

ladYdI

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 4:22 pm
Mrs Rosenfeld has a great aftercare cream
Also you can buy a silicone pad to cover it with ever night
Massage cream morning and ev and silicone overnight. Brand name is cicacare but I’ve seen cvs has generic

esther11

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 6:51 pm
If it’s still fairly recent (within the last 6 months or so) you can massage with vitamin e oil. Massage it perpendicularly across the scar with firm pressure to help break up the scar tissue.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:03 pm
Is it a keloid? That's overgrown scar tissue. You can google it to see pictures. Dd had that and the dermatologist gave her cortizone shots to shrink it. But it didn't shrink until many months later, so I don't know if the shots helped, or if it shrunk on its own.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:18 pm
When you got the cut, did you get stitches? Sometimes a stitch accidentally gets left in, and it can work it's way to the surface months or even years later.

See if you can get an appointment with a wound care nurse. They specialize in this sort of thing.

Zeleze

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:36 am
I heard once the Canola oil eases itchiness

Never tried it

nomismommy

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 3:07 am
I have a scar that's 19 years old (appendix taken out) and it started itching a year ago. So weird. I told my parents and the funny thing was my father had a scar that way itchy a few weeks before. He had some lotion from the doctor and I used it and now we're both fine. I don't know what lotion it was though. But the whole thing was quite strange tbh

crl

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 4:28 am
Bio Oil is great. Shea butter lotion. Vitamin E oil.
Silicone gel can help reduce it but you have to be diligent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics