Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Baked ziti recipe

RW

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:35 am
Does anyone have a simple creamy/cheesey baked ziti recipe? Thanks

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:39 am
Recipe found on chantzyw Instagram page. It's a huge hit and so simple.

Pour one box ziti into a 9x13. Pour 1 jar pasta sauce over pasta (tuscanini brand is my favorite). Fill jar Halfway with milk, pour into pan. Fill har halfway with water, pour into pan. Top with cheese (American, mozzarella, or your favorite). Bake covered for an hour and a half (sometimes needs a little less time).
Enjoy

nicole81

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:40 am
1 8oz box of pasta
2 jars of your favorite sauce
32 oz of ricotta
16 oz of shredded cheese

Cook the pasta til al dente. Mix in a bowl with all ingredients, but leave 8 oz of the shredded cheese aside. Put the mixture into a 9x13 and then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese evenly on top.

Cover with foil (spray the inside first) tightly and bake for an hour at 350 and then uncover and bake for another 15 min or so at 400, or until the cheese on the top is browned to your liking.

RW

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:44 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Recipe found on chantzyw Instagram page. It's a huge hit and so simple.

Pour one box ziti into a 9x13. Pour 1 jar pasta sauce over pasta (tuscanini brand is my favorite). Fill jar Halfway with milk, pour into pan. Fill har halfway with water, pour into pan. Top with cheese (American, mozzarella, or your favorite). Bake covered for an hour and a half (sometimes needs a little less time).
Enjoy

Thanks! I'm just curious, can you use heavy cream instead of milk?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:46 am
RW wrote:

Probably. Or maybe do half heavy cream half milk. I use whole milk for this recipe.

RW

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:49 am
RW wrote:

Also, do you boil the noodles first, or do you just put the uncooked noodles in the pan with the ingredients and let it cook in the oven?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:30 pm
RW wrote:
Also, do you boil the noodles first, or do you just put the uncooked noodles in the pan with the ingredients and let it cook in the oven?

Nope! No boiling! That's why I love it. So easy and no pita needed. (I do stir the mixture around to make sure all the noodles are covered by liquid.)

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:33 pm
The creamy ziti is so so good.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....41338
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals