Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moths, moths everywhere! Help!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:33 am
My apartment has been invaded with moths the past couple of weeks. How do I stop them from coming in?

I live in Israel. Wonder if others are experiencing this as well.

Gneshe

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:40 am
Find out what type they are and put out traps.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:43 am
go through ALL your food to see if they are coming from someplace. look for eggs, worms.. call an exterminator because they can lay eggs in cracks....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:44 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
go through ALL your food to see if they are coming from someplace. look for eggs, worms.. call an exterminator because they can lay eggs in cracks....

Moths come from food?

Help, you're getting me really nervous now. I thought they were all coming from outside.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:48 am
Indian meal moths? See link: https://www.planetnatural.com/.....trol/

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:51 am
we had the indian meal moths

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:05 am
oooh, this brings back memories. In our second apartment, there were often a couple of moths flying around. I never liked it, but I mean, what can you do. One night we came back and there were loads and loads. I freaked out and refused to stay-poor dh ran out to the nearest shop, bought some bug spray and killed some ridiculous number of moths. We noticed they seemed to be coming from near one area of the ceiling. There was a small hole next to the light fitting. We sprayed inside the hole and that seemed to do the job.
Hug I'm with you on how awful it is. See if you can spot where they seem to be coming from and work out a way to prevent them coming.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:18 am
If they are meal moths, you can no longer keep any food you have in your pantry. Store all such foods in the freezer. Oxo containers keep them out, but you cannot leave them a single crumb, and you have to keep the cabinet empty for several weeks and clean it frequently to get rid of the eggs and larvae.
If they are cloth eating moths, cedarwood helps prevent them, and putting the clothes in the dryer at a high setting can help kill existing ones.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:16 pm
We had moths from a box of loose tea.
Took awhile to figure it out because we don't drink tea often.
It was from a gift package.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:53 pm
I’ve had that in the past in Israel as well. Its probably just their season and then it passes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics