Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Customers who change their mind
Previous  1  2

asmileaday

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 11:08 pm
andrea levy wrote:
If you run out of food because of extra guests everyone will think it’s your fault. That’s why I always made extra.

Op said she provides a food item at parties. Very different than catering. She's not responsible to give more. She could encourage clients to purchase more but this is totally on the client.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 11:10 pm
andrea levy wrote:
If you run out of food because of extra guests everyone will think it’s your fault. That’s why I always made extra.

Yes, I make extra. But if I ask someone else to provide something (like a salad) for the event I am catering, I don't expect her to make extra. I order enough from her to cover the extra I want.

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:24 am
I don't understand how a business can provide a significant amount of extra food that may or may not be used?

If the food isn't used, then it's a cost to the business so how do they collect the money unless it is somehow built into the cost for the food that is sent.

If this is an in-house caterer that is equivalent to a restaurant, they would have extra raw food available that they would just add in the same way that a has food in the refrigerator and pantry ready to be cooked.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:49 am
Amarante wrote:
I don't understand how a business can provide a significant amount of extra food that may or may not be used?

If the food isn't used, then it's a cost to the business so how do they collect the money unless it is somehow built into the cost for the food that is sent.

If this is an in-house caterer that is equivalent to a restaurant, they would have extra raw food available that they would just add in the same way that a has food in the refrigerator and pantry ready to be cooked.

Because you charge whe you use it. In my case the family would chow down on it. You write off any losses but at least you are prepared

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:51 am
andrea levy wrote:
Because you charge whe you use it. In my case the family would chow down on it. You write off any losses but at least you are prepared

You can't run a business by writing off losses for food. You have to build the cost of the extra unused food into the amount you charge one way or another.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 11:06 am
Amarante wrote:
You can't run a business by writing off losses for food. You have to build the cost of the extra unused food into the amount you charge one way or another.

Thats exactly what I do. Instead of charging $5 per person, for 10 people, I will charge $6 or $7 and prepare for 13 or 14 people. It is added into the original cost, so I don't lose out and my clients have enough for everybody.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics