Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
S/o pediatrician in bp

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 1:12 pm
I'm so not excited that they're adding 2 Drs to the grp. Anybody there leaving or just adding 2 drs? It's becoming a factory. Just like Dr Adlers group. My gosh, if it's not a zoo enough, it'll become even worse. That means the real great drs will be in less. Why are they doing that?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:29 pm
I'm actually happy that good new docs are joining.
Until now there was only PA's on the weekend, or early mornings, I'm hoping one of the good doctors will pick up these shifts.
I love Dr Steven Diamond and by now formed a relationship so it shouldn't feel factory like at all. I believe he recognizes me by face. I've also said hi to the old Dr Diamond by weddings and such.
If you keep seeing the same doctor eventually you form a relationship with that one. The only problem is with sick visits when that was isn't available.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:43 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I'm actually happy that good new docs are joining.
Until now there was only PA's on the weekend, or early mornings, I'm hoping one of the good doctors will pick up these shifts.
I love Dr Steven Diamond and by now formed a relationship so it shouldn't feel factory like at all. I believe he recognizes me by face. I've also said hi to the old Dr Diamond by weddings and such.
If you keep seeing the same doctor eventually you form a relationship with that one. The only problem is with sick visits when that was isn't available.

I'm a long timer there. My main concern is for sick visits. No, I do not trust all Drs in that grp. Not all drs are very thorough, and some PA's are fantastic. Pa Leiberman is very thourough, his slightest doubt will have him take a CBC, where as Steven Diamond I did not have a good experience with recently. He kept on insisting that my DD has a virus. It was 10 days fever. Next day I saw Zyskind and he found a UTI!
I'm worried that they're adding these 2 drs so others can come in less. Especially that I saw on another thread that Zyskind and Kirshenbaum go to Willy too. Maybe it's all related.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 3:14 pm
I wonder if it has to do with the fact that Dr. Diamond is opening a Lakewood location. Maybe some Dr.s will be shifted around and there won't be so many at the Bp location.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 3:36 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I wonder if it has to do with the fact that Dr. Diamond is opening a Lakewood location. Maybe some Dr.s will be shifted around and there won't be so many at the Bp location.

He is?? Oish. I feel like it's time to look for a new practice. I don't like where this is going.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 3:41 pm
Hmmm I hear that.
All valid concerns.
I wish instead of them having the doctors rotating between offices they have the same one or two by each office each time.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 3:45 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Hmmm I hear that.
All valid concerns.
I wish instead of them having the doctors rotating between offices they have the same one or two by each office each time.

No way!! Why should one location loose out on a good Dr? Its a selfish way of thinking.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:48 pm
asmileaday wrote:

Dr diamond is not opening a Lakewood location . Dr zyskind is opening a Lakewood office with p.a. wertzberger

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:49 pm
Who are the new drs that are joining the practice ? Does anyone know their names?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so not excited that they're adding 2 Drs to the grp. Anybody there leaving or just adding 2 drs? It's becoming a factory. Just like Dr Adlers group. My gosh, if it's not a zoo enough, it'll become even worse. That means the real great drs will be in less. Why are they doing that?

Just because they're adding drs doesnt mean the regular ones are in less. It just means that the volume of patients is growing and they need more drs which means the wait time in the office may be shorter!

Fabulous

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:54 pm
I heard a dr stein would be joining.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:55 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Dr diamond is not opening a Lakewood location . Dr zyskind is opening a Lakewood office with p.a. wertzberger

I don't know details. I live in Toms River and this is what I heard- that Dr. Diamond is opening here in Lakewood prob around Purim time.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:56 pm

Dr. Steven Diamond told me that they are opening a location in Lakewood, I was assuming it would be a branch of the boro park offices...

asmileaday

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:57 pm
Who are the new drs that are joining the practice ? Does anyone know their names?

On the other pediatrician thread Dr. Stein herself said she will be joining.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:59 pm
Quote:
Hi, I'm Dr Stein

Dr Kaplovitz and I will be joining Dr Diamond's group on January 1. We will still be available to all of our patients and anyone else who wants to see us. We will be dividing our time between the offices. You can call his office and ask for one of us.

We look forward to continuing to give the quality, personal care to our patients that we have in the past.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:26 pm

Dr Zyskind found my DD UTI while steven kept on dismissing her 10 days of fever as viral! He's looks at a CBC differently than most Drs. Her white count wasn't high, but he was reading other numbers that suggested shes fighting some bacteria and he wanted to find out what it was. These numbers were there the day before when Steven read it also. He's one of the drs I trust.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:00 pm
I think Steven is very dismissive of mothers. A good doctor trusts that's a mother knows her kid best.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:01 pm
Just because they're adding drs doesnt mean the regular ones are in less. It just means that the volume of patients is growing and they need more drs which means the wait time in the office may be shorter!

That's simply not possible because they don't have more exam rooms to put th is extra doctors and their patients in. All exam rooms are full most of the time. I don't like where this is going

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:22 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
I think Steven is very dismissive of mothers. A good doctor trusts that's a mother knows her kid best.

I don't know if it had to do with being dismissive. Steven saw her white count 11. Viral! Zyskind saw her white count but also at 2 other numbers-dont know which ones and he said yes her white count isn't high but these other numbers whatever level they were suggested that's despite the normal white count she's still fighting a bacteria and after 10 days of fever he wanted to dig more. One day after the other. Numbers didn't really change.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics