Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If you had $20,000...just for you
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:55 pm
What would you spend it on?

It cannot be for any expenses like a down payment or paying off debt. It can be on something extra like a nice piece of furniture that you consider a luxury.

Only fun things. Would it be on clothing? A vacation? Spa or other Beauty expenses? Restaurants?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:56 pm
Luxury vacation

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:57 pm
I would hire a personal trainer for two hours a day and get into shape. Also order a salad and vegetable soup delivered to my door every day so I have healthy things to eat and not eat junk.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:58 pm
Fixing my teeth and a whitening

amother
Yellow

Family trip to Israel.

amother
Scarlet

Furnishings and finishes for my home first. And an organizer to help with that.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:59 pm
3 dishwashers (milchig,fleshig,pareve) and cleaning help. Maybe a new sheitel too

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:03 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I would hire a personal trainer for two hours a day and get into shape. Also order a salad and vegetable soup delivered to my door every day so I have healthy things to eat and not eat junk.

I really like this one.

OutATowner

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:03 pm
A totally fresh new wardrobe with accessories.
A weekly massage.
And honestly... prechecked romaine lettuce and healthy foods I don't get on a regular basis.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:06 pm
Botox, of course! Tongue Out

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:06 pm
☆Laser surgery so I don't need to wear eyeglasses anymore
☆Cleaning help
☆Set some aside to buy lunch instead of preparing b4 work, or maybe once a week healthy takeout
☆Take a trip where I can scuba dive in the coral reef

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:08 pm
Dental implants!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:10 pm
Family trip to Israel
some new furniture for my house

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:20 pm
Take a year's sabbatical from my job... I anyways earn only about $20k annually so I wouldn't be losing out financially very much.

oh to be able to take a 30 minute walk every day, to have time to swim and go to the gym, to be able to bake for my kids, to have time to play with my toddler and take her out places, to have patience for my children when they get home from school instead of being burned out and too exhausted to chat to them...

But Im dreaming.... how I wish that could happen!

and yeah, I know the Op said 'only fun things'! But to me this would be the greatest fun in the world! Smile

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:22 pm
Take my family to Isreal
Diamond jewelry
Healthy meals delivered
Private chauffeur

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:30 pm
I can't even fathom that amount of money not being towards getting us out of our tiny bite sized Brooklyn apartment. Really I can't think of anything else to use it on

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:46 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I can't even fathom that amount of money not being towards getting us out of our tiny bite sized Brooklyn apartment. Really I can't think of anything else to use it on

Same! When I read about more furniture,organizer etc I keep thinking oh good idea but in my own big house iyh

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:46 pm
My fantasy would be having extra hours in the day, not money. Not because we don't need money, not at all, but the idea of spending a lump sum like that on something materialistic just for me? I can't think of anything enjoyable. Except maybe repairing the leaking kitchen ceiling, that would be nice. But I'm not sure that counts as something fun for me. Nothing else sounds all that alluring.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:58 pm
Personal trainer 2x a week to get me into shape and yoga trainer 2x a week to help me be centered. I also wouldn't feel guilty about trying various healthy food options for dinner knowing that I have enough money to cook 3 suppers a night if I need to and can always give leftovers to those who need it. I would also order myself a healthy salad with good protein for lunch everyday so I don't make bad choices the rest of the day. If there's anything leftover after all that, because 20k cant buy you *that* much today, I would get a coupon for flight lessons so I cam treat my husband to something he's been dreaming about.
Anon because I've repeated this narrative to many who know me 😅

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:34 am
Personal trainer for both myself and DH.
Extra cleaning help while I am at the personal training sessions.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics