Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If you had $20,000...just for you
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What would you spend it on?

It cannot be for any expenses like a down payment or paying off debt. It can be on something extra like a nice piece of furniture that you consider a luxury.

Only fun things. Would it be on clothing? A vacation? Spa or other Beauty expenses? Restaurants?

I have 33 k in my savings (my money to spend on me) and it's just sitting there. I can't think of anything I want for myself. Besides like regular stuff (clothes, a new phone).
I think I'll save it for my kids maybe they'll have Joy from it.
I thought about using it for a really nice vacation but I never have the time for a 4 week trip.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 4:29 am
Therapy therapy therapy

baby12x

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 4:35 am
I want a bigger apartment.

But really I would love to just have extra money. To be able to go out to eat, get manicures, buy a coffee, a random toy for the kids, not think when buying groceries, small vacations

Take away all the money thoughts that go through my head EVERY SINGLE TIME I buy anything. I don't need anything big or to take a big, lavish vacation. I just want to take a taxi when I'm tired. Anyone know what I mean?

But in real life, I would use it for savings, down payment etc. But if that's not allowed!

banana123

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:11 am
You're talking over 70,100 NIS.

So here's what I'd do.
Cut hours at work (1.2K drop per month for 2 years - 29K NIS)
Do the course I'm dreaming of. (12K NIS plus travel, babysitters)
Get a massage once a week for a couple months.
Pay into my husband's pension plan and send him to finish his degree (so that's 38K NIS, probably).

Oops. Without the massages I've already gone over it by almost 9K NIS.
Sending my husband to finish his degree is 100% for me. After he gets a better-paying job (he earns less than me right now) I can quit work and just put into my pension plan independently, which is what I'm dreaming of doing. I'll hold off on the course if it'll make that happen.

Last edited by banana123 on Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

happyone

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:20 am
I would stash away for a rainy day. or for a childs simcha in the future.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:33 am
A fabulous diamond necklace or
A fabulous watch

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:02 am
I don't think I could do that without feeling guilty. I would divide it evenly per married child and open a savings account for their kids. It's a start. I couldnt bring myself to just consume so much money in one fell swoop. I'm weird. I would just hate myself afterward. Sheesh. I gotta work on that.

(my fingers wanted to write the most exclusive names in skin care brands, rewind a year or two... But... My fingers stopped listening to me long ago..)

lcraighten

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:59 am
Oh so many things!!!! Either a private vacation to the far east for the family (think private chef, guide and first class tickets), but 20K might not be enough :/

New wood floors! A nanny to pick up my kids every day from school and bring them home so I don't have to run to get them after work!!

Get my food delivered from the fancy grocery (the only one that delivers) so I don't have to shop in 3 different stores each week!!

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:43 am
I would extend my bedroom to make a private bathroom. None of my kids allowed.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:52 am
Can't do kids' college and wedding funds, I guess.

New car, or membership at a nicer gym than the one I currently use, with a personal trainer.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:53 pm
So, so many things.
First I would pay off my credit cards and gemach debt (I know you said no paying off debts, but that would take a load off my mind, so it's fun for me)
I would split my bathroom so I have a separate master bathroom, and split my baby room so I have two children's bedrooms.
I would get new slider doors to my porch, that don't get stuck. The ones that have blinds in the glass so we don't need curtains.
I would buy another two dining room chairs so we can put a leaf in the table and have more room.
I would buy a couch, with an end table and a lamp.
I would redo the shelves in the babyroom, and get new doors for the closet.
I would dye my shaitel and add hair too.
I would sign up for annual membership at a massage place.
I would get more cleaning help.

I am so over the limit. And there are still so many more things I want to do with the money...

hodeez

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:55 pm
Invest

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:59 pm
$20,000.00 is just too limiting for me! For me it's definitely, yesh li mono, rotze masayim.
But, I'll start with tuition first. oops, I forgot it can't be an expense.

Last edited by ShishKabob on Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lizzie4

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:02 pm
A monthly Massage
A cook to cook soups and salads for me - I would pay her hourly - an hour a day.
Once a week thorough cleaning woman
and a whole new wardrobe for me

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:16 pm
2 10k shaitals.
You need one to wear while the other is being washed.

Just kidding.

I am terrible at presents, I never know what I want, and in general- I am a big party pooper.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:32 pm
First, all the books I want - secular and kodesh. Then probably some new book cases would become essential...

Then an armchair which would become my own private personal property in which to sit and read. And a good supply of chocolate for while I am reading.

After that, I think a membership at the swimming pool would be a really good idea.

In reality it would be much more prosaic, and most would go to meet urgent expenses, with the rest being invested, and just one or two new books for a treat.

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:26 pm
A nice sheital.

A really nice vacation.

A trip with a personal shopper to buy me a whole new wardrobe.

eschaya

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:39 pm
A really nice high-quality DSLR camera, plus lessons (outdoor, nature photography)
A drum set and lessons
Resurface my bathtub
A wunderwig
Vacation with dh (our vacations don't typically cost much, it's paying for childcare while we're gone that's the limiting factor)

I love some of the other ideas posted above, but I'd hesitate to get more cleaning help, delivered healthy food or a personal trainer, because once the funds run out (which would happen within 1 year) I'd feel lost and bereft. So I've instead opted for limited items.

penguin

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 3:10 pm
Landscaping for starters. Probably after that massages and a private yoga trainer.
Unless you can get an endless pool for that price? Maybe I'd do that first.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What would you spend it on?

It cannot be for any expenses like a down payment or paying off debt. It can be on something extra like a nice piece of furniture that you consider a luxury.

Only fun things. Would it be on clothing? A vacation? Spa or other Beauty expenses? Restaurants?

I would do ivf and have more kids .
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics