Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Mother of kalla and theme color gown?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:48 pm
Can I wear a different color than the theme if I can’t find a dress in the theme color? Or maybe the chosson mother and I will wear different color than the rest? A darker color? Can I wear black?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:43 pm
(bump)

Last edited by amother on Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tziril Miriam

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:44 pm
Don't wear black. Too many people will think someone died, or you were angry, or you had body issues and didn't want people to notice your shape.
Keep looking for a dress. Or buy material and have a dress made.
The color of your dress doesn't have to exactly but you should look like a member of the wedding party.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:44 pm
Ask your daughter. None of us can know how fussy she is about these things

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can I wear a different color than the theme if I can’t find a dress in the theme color? Or maybe the chosson mother and I will wear different color than the rest? A darker color? Can I wear black?

Ask your daughter what she thinks.

And mazel tov.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:47 pm
What's wrong with wearing black???? I've seen plenty people wear black at a wedding and I never thought someone died. (Besides the point, since when do we wear black when someone died?) Where whatever you like & looks good on you!

SingALong

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:47 pm
I don't find that both sides always match in color. in most of my family wedding, kallah family did one color, chosson family did another color. by my brother's wedding, we did grey, kallah side did navy. my my bro in law, we did champagne, kallah side did ivory. as long as the colors don't clash your ok, it can be different. but try to coordinate with your family. so if your girls are in champagne and you find ivory, maybe you can have a champagne belt. something like that

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:09 pm
black (full black) is sad
No matching ime

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:11 pm
I like having mostly matching-where the colors are similar, even if not identical. That when when I'm looking to say mazal tov, I know immediately who to. However, unless your daughter is bothered, I would say go with whatever you find and looks good on you. At my brother's wedding recently, we all just wore whatever we'd found and it looked really colorful. there was about 15 nieces (bridesmaids) who all wore the same which was cute, but the older ones and adults just wore whatever.
What are the other side like-have they committed to a specific color?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 3:32 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I like having mostly matching-where the colors are similar, even if not identical. That when when I'm looking to say mazal tov, I know immediately who to. However, unless your daughter is bothered, I would say go with whatever you find and looks good on you. At my brother's wedding recently, we all just wore whatever we'd found and it looked really colorful. there was about 15 nieces (bridesmaids) who all wore the same which was cute, but the older ones and adults just wore whatever.
What are the other side like-have they committed to a specific color?

Everyone committed to the same color

ddmom

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:31 pm
You can wear black or navy and add accent of the specific color everyone commited to.
A belt or sew beads or flowers on the gown ( gown woukd have to be on the plainer side!)

pizza4

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:34 pm
I don't think I've ever seen the mother of chosson/ kallah wear black. Navy yes. Most wear light colors.
I'd say try and find something similar enough to the color the rest are wearing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics