Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is it a good idea to.......
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:27 pm
Move from NYC to PA or Connecticut due to everything that’s going on in NY.

Are there good doctors, lots of yeshiva , shopping kosher food, libraries, colleges, and top hospitals that let you be advocates for your kids rather then own your kids and tell you how to raise them.
Please advise

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:48 pm
What's going on in New York that you need to move out?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:20 pm
Scranton is a nice area

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:25 pm
Do you have parnasa and ample money for housing?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:37 pm
if you are talking about vaccinating. I live in Ohio. When I moved here they didn't require that you vaccinate your kids to send to school. Now they do. My point is, I don't think it makes sense to uproot yourself to move to a new area if it's for something that other places are following in the footsteps of where you left. Just something to keep in mind.

GreenEyes26

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:43 pm
I pity you, OP, I really do. You are so dead-set against vaccinating that you’re willing to uproot your family for this one issue? The brainwashing is deep with this one.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:56 pm
First I thought that maybe she meant the anti semitism

OP what flavor are you?

applesbananas

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Move from NYC to PA or Connecticut due to everything that’s going on in NY.

Are there good doctors

If this is in fact about vaccines I have a real question for u- why do u care if there are good doctors if you ignore their medical opinions anyway?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:07 pm
op wrote "top hospitals that let you be advocates for your kids rather then own your kids and tell you how to raise them"
that's why I'm guessing she's referring to vaccines.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:12 pm
Why is everyone jumping down her throat? Maybe a child has a medical condition and the doctors want her to
Try a treatment she disagrees with. Or maybe she is fighting for treatment the doctors don’t want to provide. There are plenty of stories like that ( not having any connections to vaccines).

bobeli

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:15 pm
Move to Latin America, certain places have all jewish amenities and no one will say a pip about no vaccinations.
Just be warned that after you see what happens when ppl don’t have access to vaccines you might change your outlook.
The no vax ideas is a rich country’s problem, they have nothing else to worry about and are too far for real life “science “.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:26 pm
OP did not mention vaccines at all! Why did you decide it's about vaccines? You're bashing a person just because you decided she's talking about vaccines?? How awful can adults behave??

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:54 pm
Yeah, maybe it is not about vaccines, maybe it is about state mandated education.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:57 pm
that wouldn't have talked about hospitals but rather schools. Anyway I'm not jumping down her throat. Vaccines aren't pashut, just answering her question as I understood it.

aliavi

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:00 pm
My guess was that the violence in BP and even what’s happening in Williamsburg was what prompted the post and the part about children was that she doesn’t want to be told it’s too many. 🤷🏼‍♀️ OP, please tell.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:11 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
I pity you, OP, I really do. You are so dead-set against vaccinating that you’re willing to uproot your family for this one issue? The brainwashing is deep with this one.

I am not looking for pity
You are so blind just like manny others. For your information my kids are vaccinated but I do have some kids who had allergic reaction to vaccines and can no longer get medical exemptions. It’s not choice as you see. You are lucky like many others to have kids who are strong and don’t react badly to vaccines so you can go on and blabber with your big mouth.
For those who are sleeping I will briefly describe: NYC is planning to release 900 prison inmates and close the prison down. There is bucket list of assaults that will not be taken seriously, police are being disrespected ..... curtesy of Cuomo
They are adding mandated Flu and HPV vaccine for all vaccine lovers out there. The more the better.
There is more. Google it.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:14 pm
Op from the way you worded your question...I wonder if the comparative lack of frum amenities in some of these communities may come as a culture shock or at least major adjustment. Sounds like you've lived in N.Y. metropolitan area only up till now.
Both PA and CT will have some but not a lot of choices with yeshivas etc

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:16 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
op wrote "top hospitals that let you be advocates for your kids rather then own your kids and tell you how to raise them"
that's why I'm guessing she's referring to vaccines.

If your child ends up in hospital and the doctor orders ultrasound then X-ray and then said it’s not enough we need to do catscan ...should you be quite or allow the hospitals to use your child as learning tool. If you in labor and need c section would you want top doctor to do it or allow hospitals to choose one for you......

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT VACCINES

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:23 pm
Move to a red state. PA is a good choice. CT not so much.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:23 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Why is everyone jumping down her throat? Maybe a child has a medical condition and the doctors want her to
Try a treatment she disagrees with. Or maybe she is fighting for treatment the doctors don’t want to provide. There are plenty of stories like that ( not having any connections to vaccines).

Baruch HaShem above not true. I have worked in hospital setting and I know there are good doctors who can do miracles and then there are those who treat people like next animal in line.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating