Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Fed up of dieting. Fed up fed up fed up. Food is here to enj

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:45 pm
Ive decided thats it. Im not going on one more diet.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:48 pm
Remember, you will be loved by others no matter what. But you have to love yourself too if you don't loose weight.
Love,
A veteran yoyo

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:50 pm
I agree with you op. I love food. Im a tired newish mum and im hungry so im not going on any more diets.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:51 pm
That's the spirit

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That’s fine for people who aren’t very overweight but after that there are health concerns.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:55 pm
Me too!!! But then the scale gets mad at me for betraying her. Its a lose lose situation ( no pun intended)

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 7:03 pm
I was 50 lbs overweight. I went on keto and lost 25 lbs. But the scale has refused to budge from that point. It might go a few pounds up or down but pretty much stays fixed at that point. I have gotten used to the idea that this is probably the weight I'm gonna be.

I'm still careful with what I eat bc I'm at high risk for diabetes and a high carb diet will literally kill me. No exaggeration, I watched it happen to family members RL. I'm in my 40s and I want to live long enough to enjoy my children and grandchildren. No plate of pasta or luscious dessert is worth that much.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 7:44 pm
Newsflash! Stop dieting and start taking care of yourself. Sleep well, move, and eat nourishing enjoyable food that makes you feel good and I promise your body will take care of you in return!

penguin

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 8:22 pm
You might want to look into intuitive eating (Rena Reiser, Dena Cohen) or you might just need a break...

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 8:59 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I was 50 lbs overweight. I went on keto and lost 25 lbs. But the scale has refused to budge from that point. It might go a few pounds up or down but pretty much stays fixed at that point. I have gotten used to the idea that this is probably the weight I'm gonna be.

I'm still careful with what I eat bc I'm at high risk for diabetes and a high carb diet will literally kill me. No exaggeration, I watched it happen to family members RL. I'm in my 40s and I want to live long enough to enjoy my children and grandchildren. No plate of pasta or luscious dessert is worth that much.

I was about 200 pound overweight and now I’m 110 pounds over weight. I don’t miss the foods I don’t eat. I’m happier than I’ve ever been. I eat GREAT food and don’t walk around hungry. I may slowly lose more weight but I’m not stuck on it. I love my life every single day. I’m no longer diabetic. I’m not dying of anything I’m doing to myself. I wish I’d done this my whole life. I gave up and ended up 200 pounds overweight. I screwed up my metabolism and I’m only five foot one!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:17 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Maintaining a weight loss of 25 lbs. is fantastic!

dankbar

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 10:46 pm
Fed up....oh you ate too much? start dieting then....lol

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 12:56 am
Omg, guys! I'm so glad some people agree with me. Dieting is such a waste of time. I've just decided to enjoy life. Check out Rachel Goodman on Instagram. She is my favorite dietitian because she is one of the only ones who agrees with me lol😂

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 3:58 am
Guys, please check out Intuitive Eating.

Rappel

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 4:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Good for you!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 6:18 am
I grew up watching my mom cycle through every single fad diet she could find. When she was growing up, her thin and stylish mom was constantly on her back, and by 16 she was taking hard core amphetamine diet pills.

It turns out my mom had a genetic disorder, and had fatty tumors that were encapsulated so that they couldn't be reached by a diet.

Seeing my mom hate herself, and torture herself really made me sad as a kid. I kept telling her how beautiful she was to me, but she couldn't hear it.

Personally, I've found that the best "diet" is to eat food as close to the way Hashem made it. Carrots should come from the produce aisle, not from a can. Dairy should come from free range, happy cows, sheep, and goats. Meat should look like meat, not hot dogs or deli. If you stick to that rule, you really can't go wrong. Learn to love fruit salad for dessert.

Eat what you like, but watch your portions, and wait longer before deciding you're still hungry for more. It takes at least 45 minutes for your brain to get the signal from your stomach, so have a small meal, go do something else for a while, and ask yourself honestly if you've really had enough to eat or not.

Rambam really knew what he was talking about, especially regarding eating habits.

Gulabi

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 6:24 am
FranticFrummie I love this post so much

tzavei_yeshuos

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 6:58 am
Check out the podcasts Jewish intuitive eating journeys and Food Psych. They are like a weekly group therapy session for me! Healing from societal and internalized pressure to be a particular size is a life-long journey, but they are a good place to start.

amother
White

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 7:25 am
I could never stick to a weight loss diet.
Although I did go gluten free some 12 years ago.
I was 30 lbs overweight now pp. Haven't weighed myself since. But I see I have gotten smaller.
I try to sleep, but the baby doesn't really like when I do. lol. I try to make the best food choices every day. And I exersize at least 3x a week.
Slowly my body is getting back in shape.

Buy if I stay 30 lbs overweight it'll be ok. But I'm pretty sure it won't.
Our bodies do amazing amazing things. This body grew and bathed THREE human beings! It deserves to be treated well, no matter the way it looks.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 8:07 am
Every food is meant to be enjoyed but it depends on the quantity. I may love the cup of coffee in my hand but if I drink too much, my heart will race.
I love what Andrea Levy and Frantic Frumie say about food. It's possible to make chocolate brownies out of black beans or noodle kugel out of spaghetti squash therefore swapping out white flour for something nutritious.
I also think that health, rather than weight, should be the goal. My own mother OBM, was an emotional eater and a diet was like someone telling her that she didn't deserve something because she made the mistake of being overweight. Because of the toll that her weight took on her body, when she passed away at 63, she had the body of a woman of 83, which was the age at which her mother passed away. I guess that physical and emotional hunger are two different things and people who are dangerously overweight often need to find a way to channel emotional hunger and I am not sure how people can do it.
Frummie, I wonder how common your mother's condition is and why it went undiagnosed for so long.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise