Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Gowns by Valda Wayne, NJ

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:32 pm
Has anyone used her in the past for a custom gown?

Approximately how much did it cost you?

I have a picture of a gown that I want sewn up. Is she good at selecting the right fabrics and sewing up something just from seeing a picture?

Thank you.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 5:21 am
We used her a number of years ago and were extremely happy. We were working on a tight schedule and she did a beautiful job and was a pleasure to work with. I think the gowns were around $400 each and you don’t keep them so it’s on the expensive side.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 7:25 am
She's amazing. I used her for my wedding 8+ years ago. She made my wedding gown and my sisters and mothers gowns. We used her for all my sisters weddings too. I think the my wedding gown cost about $400 (that was years ago though) but I don't find that expensive because you get to choose exactly what you want. We all looked beautiful. And she's so nice to deal with.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 7:27 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
We used her a number of years ago and were extremely happy. We were working on a tight schedule and she did a beautiful job and was a pleasure to work with. I think the gowns were around $400 each and you don’t keep them so it’s on the expensive side.

What? If I'm paying that much money, I had better be able to keep it! That's just crazy.

It should be up to you if you want to donate the gowns to a gemach and get the mitzva for it. It shouldn't be decided for you.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 8:25 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
What? If I'm paying that much money, I had better be able to keep it! That's just crazy.

It should be up to you if you want to donate the gowns to a gemach and get the mitzva for it. It shouldn't be decided for you.

Many rentals cost much more.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:22 pm
Thank you Yellow and Violet.

FranticFrummie, here, in the tristate area, rentals start at 600/700. 400 range is cheap, especially that she sews it up to your specifications....

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:24 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

It is understood before she starts anything that the gowns are returned after the wedding. Like others said, this is not expensive for a gown rental, especially since it's made for you. If you take an existing gown from her collection and just fix it up, it's cheaper.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:44 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

It's a gown rental but you choose something custom. Unfortunately 400 is on the low side for renting which is why I buy my gowns at department stores and work out the tznius parts myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics