Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Dr Browns bottles

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 10:48 am
I use Dr Browns baby bottles & my friend told me that babies don't need to burp after a feeding. Do you burp your baby if you use this bottle?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 9:14 pm
Yes. I still burp my baby but he burps pretty nicely.

anonymrs

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 10:16 pm
Yes. Unless you're using the Dr. Brown's Specialty Feeding System bottles, in which case, baby is less likely to need to be burped. This was my experience.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 12:10 am
Aren't all Dr Browns bottles specialty feeding bottles? They all have the straw inside.

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 12:24 am
While I admire Dr. Brown's inventiveness, consider that every one of the zillion tiny parts in those mechanically complex bottles need to be washed every time you clean a bottle.

Personally, I found it easier to just burp my baby.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 12:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Aren't all Dr Browns bottles specialty feeding bottles? They all have the straw inside.

No. They do all have the straw inside. The Specialty Feeding System bottles have an extra piece inside. AFAIK, they can only be bought from Amazon. My daughter would not (or could not?) drink from any other bottle. We had literally spent over $100 on bottles before we found these.

DrMom, I am SOOO in agreement with you about having to wash zillions of tiny parts. However, these bottles saved my daughter from needing a feeding tube and I'm so grateful for them. I literally feel like Hashem made them come up with this bottle for us. When we first came across it, they were still so new, we got them for free directly from the company as they were still looking for feedback on its effectiveness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics