Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Best Gluten-Free Hamotzi Challah Recipe?

Seeking Peace

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 2:17 pm
Looking for the best hamotzi gluten-free challah recipe out there. Can you guys help me out? Also does anyone have a good gluten-free dough recipe (like for pizza doughs or empanadas)- what flour would you use?

Thanks in advance everyone!

lauful

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 2:20 pm
I use the Orly's challah mix, available for purchase at most supermarkets.

asweet

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 3:15 pm
Can you have oats? If yes then try the Rorie oat mix. My DD is on gf diet for 6 years and we tried many recipes and mixes, we liked the Orly mixes but the the Rorie mix has more oats so really preferable if you want to wash and bench.

Re pizza dough, katz had a real good ready made but they are out of stock for the moment. We liked Katz as it was thinner then the other companies like udi's or kinnicknick.

You can also use pita instead of pizza dough. I'm oot and we use"delicious without gluten' 's pita, it's very thin and good.

If you don't mind making your own, I use a regular recipe for pizza dough ( not complicated but takes a bit more time) and replace the flour with gf. I make my own mix as I find it's best but there are loads of good ready made gf flours. My mix 1 cup rice flour 1/2 cup tapioca starch and 1/2 cup potato starch. But need to add the gum.

Or lots of pizza stores have now gf pizza, they keep the dough in the freezer so you can buy the dough only and keep handy for whenever you need.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking