Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chasidishe scarf tie
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:55 pm
Any tips for tying a silk square scarf chasidishe style? Like the women who wear it with/without a shpitzel? I think it’s such an elegant look and it’s much more “me” than the Israeli-style tichel tying demos I’ve seen. I usually wear a sheitel, but would like to learn to tie a tichel like the gorgeous ones I see out and about. Help!

nchr

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 3:22 am
Take a square.
Fold it in half to make two triangles.
Fold it back at the top.
Place on your head.
When you go to tie it make sure you pull the two sides toward your head or it will be bumpy.
Ask someone who wears one for help if you need it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 3:42 am
Thank you! It’s really that simple? Wow!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:05 am
No
it's not all that simple
ideally you watch someone do it first
very difficult to explain verbally
it's also secured with silk pins

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:11 am
nchr wrote:
Take a square.
Fold it in half to make two triangles.
Fold it back at the top.
Place on your head.
When you go to tie it make sure you pull the two sides toward your head or it will be bumpy.
Ask someone who wears one for help if you need it.

That's how to tie a bandana or Friday night white tichel. Not arim gebinden or spitzel.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:16 am
How does it not slide off? I always wondered this. (I’m a shaitel wearer)

nchr

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:28 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
That's how to tie a bandana or Friday night white tichel. Not arim gebinden or spitzel.

Depends if she wants to bind up which is more difficult or down like many women do in Monsey which may ok for her and is pretty much done that way.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:41 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

If you leave the triangle hanging out, then yes. But you can tuck it under or tie it over the triangle for full coverage. Most women wear an underlay for added height.

brooklyn11211

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:26 pm
There’s a woman in Williamsburg that teaches how to tie the tichel professionally,

Pm me if it’s something you would consider

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:27 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
How does it not slide off? I always wondered this. (I’m a shaitel wearer)

There’s a whole contraption that holds it in place, that odds are your shaitel will go flying in the wind before my shpitzel moves an inch

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:29 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
There’s a whole contraption that holds it in place, that odds are your shaitel will go flying in the wind before my shpitzel moves an inch

Asking respectfully, what is the contraption?

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:02 am
New anon poster here. I would also like to hear about the contraption please. I've started wearing silk tichels more often because I also like how they look.

Also, and this may be a dumb question, but how do you match them? They always seem to have such busy patterns on them that I feel like I need to wear a solid colored top with them, but I don't see ladies around me doing that; there just seems to be...I guess one common color matching in the top and the tichel? (Please help out a lady who's used to sheitels or solid black pretieds!)

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 8:21 am
Bump. Please? I'd especially like to be able to wear something like this to a chasuna as I feel funny about sheitels.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:39 pm
I would give anything to see a video of how the whole contraption and scarf combo gets assembled.

I hand dye silk scarves, and I also make hats. This would be a great piece of info to add to my repertoire.

BTW, where on earth do you buy a shpitzel? According to Google, they don't exist. I'm sure they are mostly sold out of ladies' basements, but even one or two pictures would be helpful. (I assume you are talking about something special, not just clip-in bangs.)

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 1:02 pm
FranticFrummie

https://judaism.stackexchange......ect=1

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 1:11 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
FranticFrummie

https://judaism.stackexchange......ect=1

Thank you!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:08 pm
Is there a way to upload a picture here ? I would upload a picture of a actual shpitzel,

It is someone that’s sold out of home,

I’m flattered by the sudden interest in shpitzlech as I alway felt the underdog over there

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:12 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Is there a way to upload a picture here ? I would upload a picture of a actual shpitzel,

It is someone that’s sold out of home,

I’m flattered by the sudden interest in shpitzlech as I alway felt the underdog over there

Seafoam, just out of curiousity , how much does a shpitzel cost?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:13 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
New anon poster here. I would also like to hear about the contraption please. I've started wearing silk tichels more often because I also like how they look.

Also, and this may be a dumb question, but how do you match them? They always seem to have such busy patterns on them that I feel like I need to wear a solid colored top with them, but I don't see ladies around me doing that; there just seems to be...I guess one common color matching in the top and the tichel? (Please help out a lady who's used to sheitels or solid black pretieds!)

Regarding matching in general every day it does not match 100%, for simchas I put more emphasis on basic matching colors

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:14 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Seafoam, just out of curiousity , how much does a shpitzel cost?

Shpitzel it’s self is about $160-$175

There are liner and fillers that costs $5-$10 each

For the tichel itself sky is the limit, they can go all the way up to $6-700 depending on brand name
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics