Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chasidishe scarf tie
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:01 am
honeymoon wrote:
Is there even such a thing as a blonde shpitzel?

Not blond per se but there’s Deff color variations, lighter and darker to suit ones hair colors

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:40 am
Mama Bear wrote:
the blonde is only bc your amother 'color' is "blonde"

Hey, I got the joke...

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:42 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Is there even such a thing as a blonde shpitzel?

Any Williamsburgers remember the "blonda shpitzel?" From school? LOL

Really though she is a very kind soul!

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:44 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Any Williamsburgers remember the "blonda shpitzel?" From school? LOL

Really though she is a very kind soul!

Gayla landau?

penguin

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 8:01 pm
I have to say, ladies, that I am kind of in shock. It would never occur to me that shpitzel-wearing ladies are on the Internet.

I guess I assume that your outer appearance is evidence of a higher degree of spirituality, a derhoibenkeit, if you will. How does that shtim with using this treifeneh means of communication and information?

Note: I'm not being facetious. If you are part of a Chassidus that has that mode of dress, it's highly unlikely that your Rabbonim approve of your being on the Internet, not so?

(Perhaps this should be a spinoff...)

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 8:40 pm
penguin wrote:
I have to say, ladies, that I am kind of in shock. It would never occur to me that shpitzel-wearing ladies are on the Internet.

I guess I assume that your outer appearance is evidence of a higher degree of spirituality, a derhoibenkeit, if you will. How does that shtim with using this treifeneh means of communication and information?

Note: I'm not being facetious. If you are part of a Chassidus that has that mode of dress, it's highly unlikely that your Rabbonim approve of your being on the Internet, not so?

I was thinking this the whole time but didnt say anything!
We all have our vices, at least bh imamother is pretty kosher.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 8:44 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Gayla landau?

Very Happy I didn't want to day her name....

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:34 pm
I have absolutely nothing useful to add to this conversation sorry but everytime I see the thread title I'm reminded of a story. I have a litvish relative who works in a chassidish yeshiva. A 5 year old kid once asked him- when its cold we wear a scarf around our necks when we go outside. Why are you wearing a scarf on your stomach, inside?!?!

polka dots

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:15 pm
penguin wrote:

I don’t understand the point of your post? To tell someone not to do what you do every day? Do you think that it is wrong to be on this site? If yes, get off. If it’s ok than let her enjoy life too. She doesn’t need to not do normal things that everyone does because she was either born into a family that wears this head covering or she decided to better herself in this area.

So what is the point of writing this to a woman who is on here?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 11:18 am
Question....

Is a person allowed to take on things like shpitzels by themselves? What if your own rebbetzin wears a sheitel and a hat? (Also, I thought you're supposed to stick with what your mother wears?) I'm a chassidish BT and my rebbetzin wears a sheitel but I love the look of the silk tichels and wish I could wear them, but I would feel funny doing more than the rebbetzin does.

Also, Mama Bear, what's a tapered back?

meyerlemon44

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:26 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Question....

Is a person allowed to take on things like shpitzels by themselves? What if your own rebbetzin wears a sheitel and a hat? (Also, I thought you're supposed to stick with what your mother wears?) I'm a chassidish BT and my rebbetzin wears a sheitel but I love the look of the silk tichels and wish I could wear them, but I would feel funny doing more than the rebbetzin does.

Also, Mama Bear, what's a tapered back?

As one BT to another, if you start to wear a shpitzel it will look extremely strange unless you marry into/go to shul with/spend time among circles where that's the norm. But why not include the beautiful silk tichels in your look?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:38 pm
meyerlemon44 wrote:
As one BT to another, if you start to wear a shpitzel it will look extremely strange unless you marry into/go to shul with/spend time among circles where that's the norm. But why not include the beautiful silk tichels in your look?

Yeah, that's what I thought. But yes, I've started wearing silk tichels during the week at least (minus all the stuff that's goes under a shpitzel!). My husband prefers that I dress more in line with our chassidus on Shabbos.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:44 pm
polka dots wrote:
I don’t understand the point of your post? To tell someone not to do what you do every day? Do you think that it is wrong to be on this site? If yes, get off. If it’s ok than let her enjoy life too. She doesn’t need to not do normal things that everyone does because she was either born into a family that wears this head covering or she decided to better herself in this area.

So what is the point of writing this to a woman who is on here?

Thank you. I was wondering when this will come up. I guess its time After 6 pages of respectful responses. I wear a shpitzel cuz my mother wears it. She wears it because the satmar rebbe asked the men of that generation to persuade their wives to put it on. She got married with a sheitel and switched. The internet was banned for all of us satmar chassidim, not just the ones who wear a shpitzel. Please.

I just want to add that the rebbe only asked for them to put on a shpitzel since he held that q shaitel is assur. He did not forbid them from wearing makeup, nor look put together. Some people think that if u wear a shpitzel u must not have a yetzer hora, look dowdy and of course be of the illiterate variety.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:46 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I was thinking this the whole time but didnt say anything!
We all have our vices, at least bh imamother is pretty kosher.

Some pple who wear shpitzlech are not frummer than those who wear covered sheitlech. Surprise, surprise.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 1:27 pm
I think most of the woman in my circle were the spithzel because there mother were it they grew up like this so we just wanna live happy not thinking because we are wearing a spitzel we cant be on this website Crying LOL Very Happy

leah.bp

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 2:14 pm
can someone pls pm me how to bind a tichel?

nchr

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 2:17 pm
leah.bp wrote:
can someone pls pm me how to bind a tichel?

1. Lay it out as a square.
2. Fold it into a triangle.
3.Fold back the top a few times to create the top "fold" and adjust the appropriate length for you.
4. Place over shaitel/head/etc.
5. Twist the two ends inward while tying in the back to avoid wrinkles.
6. Adjust slightly.

If you want aroifgebinden I can't help with that.

leah.bp

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 2:34 pm
nchr wrote:
1. Lay it out as a square.
2. Fold it into a triangle.
3.Fold back the top a few times to create the top "fold" and adjust the appropriate length for you.
4. Place over shaitel/head/etc.
5. Twist the two ends inward while tying in the back to avoid wrinkles.
6. Adjust slightly.

If you want aroifgebinden I can't help with that.

Thanks
can anyone chime in about aroifgebinden?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 10:40 pm
My mother always said that if you banded wigs, snoods would cost over $100. A few years I stopped wearing wigs and found that out to be true.

What is a spithzal I could not get a clear idea from the pictures
When I used to get SNAP, write across the street there was a beauty store for black's. I would stop there to cheer my self up(they sold scarfs for less then $4) One of the things that they sold were front wigs(I don't know what the real name is), hair that would go only on the front of the head. Is that what a spithzal is?

What is a aroifgenbinden?

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 4:03 am
I used to wear the one that the knot goes on top.

Fold the scarf into a triangle

Fold the base of the triangle over or under depending how you like the design to be

Put it on the head on top of the other stuff (lining etc)
Sqwish the pointy part of the triangle under all the stuff (that’s how I was taught)
Grab ends and fold it in half so it’s a nice flat look

Then grab the end at the right side of the head, put it to the left side and pin on top
Then do the same thing to the left sided end.

Tie the knot and done.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics