Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Rus

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:31 am
My husband really wants to name our next daughter Rus. It was also my grandmother's name, but we already have a daughter sort of indirectly named after her, so I wouldn't necessarily use it just for that. The thing is that we both feel like Rus is kind of short/incomplete and would like to add a second name and probably call her both, but we would prefer that Rus be the first name. We've tossed around the names Chaya, Tzippora, Nechama, Malka, Liba, but all of these just seem to "sound better" with Rus as the second name. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:32 am
rus halel

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:34 am
Rus Bracha

chicco

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:40 am
I know a Rus Malka, so that one flows to me already. In general I think we are used to having the shorter name as a second, because they lend themselves so nicely as an added syllable. Like Dov, Tzvi, Zev, Leah, etc. You can probably add them to any name and it would sound nice because it is like adding a Lou or Lee to the end of the name. Despite this, they can also sound nice in front even if they don't have this endearment quality (if that makes any sense). I say pick the one you like and you will get used to it. Bshaa tova (whenever that daughter comes along).

zohar

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:41 am
Since Rus is only one syllable, it will always sound better as a second name especially after a first name with 3 rather than 2 syllables.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:43 am
What about if you call her Ruthie? Then you have the second syllable in the name already.

Pretty name regardless Smile

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:26 am
Our granddaughter Ruthie's full name is Rus Esther.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names