Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eczema

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:46 am
My son has really bad eczema what can I do for him and what's the best cream.

hotzenplotz

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:01 am
My seamstress from China has a case she brought over for her frum eczema customers made from glycerin from a non-kosher fish.
I could get one for you. (Brooklyn).
It works.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:06 am
Lots of moisturizer. I should buy stock in aquaphor. Put on thick after bath. 3x day.
Cotton pajamas
Try tracking triggers. Is it seasonal? Like spring and fall? Could it be food related? We found specific foods my son broke out worst from. Like fruit and food coloring. You can try to keep a food diary with symptoms. (But sometimes it can just be stress)
We use a steroid cream when it gets bad. Like if there is a fire we get it back under control so it can be maintained.

BH as he has gotten older it’s better controlled - it covers a larger part of his body - but no longer rages out of control and bleeds and drives him crazy.

pg

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:16 am
I have an one yr old son with ezcema as well.. so I can give you a few pointers

A) I would not use a cream that is not FDA approved unless you check it in a lab. The amount of cortisone found in these supposedly all natural wonder creams is extremely dangerous.

B) First go to an allergist and check if he has food allergies. I went off from wheat sugar tomatoes dairy peas corn beans peppers raw eggs eggplant... Etc.. and saw huge improvement! Bh!

C) I did wet wraps and bleach baths 3x a week kept it really under control.

D) people try chiropracting, Sarno method, kinesiology and see a major difference.. Spoke with people that went to Arizona in the winter and Switzerland in the summer and came back healed.

There are old posts about Eczema which were very helpful. You can PM me if you want!

Good luck! It's one hell of a rollercoaster!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:02 am
Where does he have the eczema?

Dr. Shanik (of Lakewood) told me some eczema is from food allergies and some from skin allergies. My DD had it all over her body but none on her face; he felt that hers was from things that contact the skin - like laundry detergent and soap....

If your son has bad eczema, you want to know what's triggering it so that if you treat it, it doesn't keep coming back. In our case, we treated it with betamethasone cream when it was really bad, but by going free and clear with laundry detergents, soaps, lotions, etc....we kept it from coming back so we wouldn't be using cortizone creams all the time.

We also found that moisturizing in and out of the bath helped alot. A drop of baby oil in the tub so that the water doesn't dry out the skin...and aquafor or eucerin creme after the bath

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:08 am
hotzenplotz wrote:
My seamstress from China has a case she brought over for her frum eczema customers made from glycerin from a non-kosher fish.
It works.

I wouldn't touch anything from China like that with a 10 foot pole.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:25 am
I found baths with magnesium flakes and a little borax really helped. Along with diet change and supplementation to heal the underlying gut and immune system issues

happyone

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:52 pm
believe it or not old fashion coconut oil used on ethnic skin daily. I was taught this by my Hebrew Israelite friend and it WORKS!

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:54 pm
pg wrote:
The amount of cortisone found in these supposedly all natural wonder creams is extremely dangerous.

Even if it weren't, it's a disgusting scam.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:55 pm
hotzenplotz wrote:
It works.

be wary of chinese products. I bought one that was HIGHLY recommended by many (frum) ppl too.. had my husband shlep out for it, read the ingredients when he came home and there was 1 english word that said "ketaconazole" which is obv not so great. id stay far away.
it later came out that there were steroids on high level in there too. everything chinese so ppl dont know.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:58 pm
happyone wrote:
believe it or not old fashion coconut oil used on ethnic skin daily. I was taught this by my Hebrew Israelite friend and it WORKS!

this is true for many ailments of the skin. But, keep in mind that proteins introduced through a bskin barrier can lead to a development of allergies to that protein.. I researched it. Not a good idea. (My daughter once tolerated coconut and is now allergic, I suspect from that)

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 5:03 pm
Try to avoid using hydrocortisone creams. Over time they cause thinning of the skin which makes skin crack and bleed very easily.

I tried lots of different creams and treatments including expensive prescription stuff but none of them really helped.

Finally I found a treatment that really works for me and it was the cheapest of all: Aveeno Eczema cream. As long as I use it every day my skin is great, Baruch Hashem! And best of all even the cheaper Walmart brand version of it works just as well!

Now the only time of year that I get eczema flare ups is at Pesach when I can’t use the cream because it contains oats.

It doesn’t work for everyone but it definitely works for a lot of people. I hope it helps with your situation!

Bezras Hashem your child’s skin should be all better soon.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 5:37 pm
I read on one of these posts to use balmex and I actually see that it helps, I use different diaper rash creams. I put moisturizer and then some balmex on top of it. B”h through that I’ve been able to stay away from cortisone creams.though my daughter doesn’t have horrible case. She has on her neck and folds of her hands and legs.

Motherhood

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 5:57 pm
happyone wrote:

I’ll second this! I tried EVERYTHING! Cortisone, moisturizers, magic clay, natural stuff and non-natural stuff. In the end, I just use coconut oil morning and might. Skin looks amazing bh! (And went to allergist to find out which foods he should get off)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics