Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shopping in miami beach

ffbmom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 7:00 am
I am going to be in Miami in mid February. Would love to do a bit of shopping (mostly clothes, shoes, some kids stuff). Any recommendations? Any great sales?

ss321

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 10:30 pm
uh, kinda depends what youre looking for and what price range

Bal Harbor mall- absolutely gorgeous mall. dept store anchors are saks and neimans, plus has like dior, valentino, ysl, chanel, etc downstairs, then the upstairs stores are like limited, gap, lacoste, polo, banana republic, etc.
Adventura - much bigger and a much further drive. has bloomingdales which is nice, last time I went there was a kosher restaurant in the mall. but I usually stick to bal harbor which is closer (our apt is IN bal harbor not 40s-miami beach area). I dont know if the restaurant is still there
Sawgrass Mills - outlet mall in Ft Lauderdale, also a bit of a drive. I go just for the Cinnabon!!! Never had anything more decadent in my life. Has like kate spade, coach, cole haan, gap and baby gap, a GIGANTIC super target which is awesome, etc etc.
South Beach - if youre looking for anythng in PARTICULAR, you probably wont find it there. THey have a gap, limited, victorias secret, and a really nice anthropologie. but most of the stores are pretty eclectic. its fun to walk around if the weather is nice. note though that the crowd walking around during the day is um slightly different to say the least than the crowd walking around at night (sometimes you cant tell if some women are men or vice versa). so BEWARE!

BP MOM

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 11:14 pm
I too love the aventura mall.
You can probably find great deals there February time.

Twizzlers

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 11:15 pm
I dont know what type of shopping u usually do, but whenever my family goes to florida, we always make a stop at the SWAP SHOP. and we've gotten some really neat stuff there too!

ss321

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 11:45 pm
twizzlers, what is the swap shop???

cassandra

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 12:25 am
It's a flea market. They used to have a free circus there every day, don't know if they still do.

ffbmom

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 5:14 am
Thanks for all the great ideas. Where is the Swap Shop?

cassandra

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 7:51 am
http://www.floridaswapshop.com/swap.html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics