Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Ali express wigs

idontknow

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:21 pm
Hi- sorry if others posted. Does anyone have experience ordering a wig on ali express? Either full wig with lace front or headband fall wig? What brands? Which style?

Also- never shopped on ali express. Can you return?

rgh

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:42 pm
Hi, there are some items on Ali that can be returned. If it says free returns or local returns then you can.

In regards to the wig, I have not bought on Ali itself, but I just bought a pony wig from another Chinese seller and I'm really happy, it's super comfortable. PM me if you want the info.

I also know there is a lady in both Lakewood and Monsey that help people order wigs.

Refine

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:08 pm
I've bought from tsingtaowigs on ali.
It's a nice sheitel.
You pick a wig (I believe they are all the same) and put it into your cart and pay. I heard that virgin hair is better than remy, but I dont know of its true and if it makes a difference on that website.
Only pick kosher wigs, the rest might be see through.
There is a box to put in your comments. That's where you need to write your size, the color you'd like and the texture. There is a chart telling you how to measure your head. I think their sizing runs a bit small. You need to know what color you want (they go by 2,4,6, etc.) Then you need to know if you want straight, light, medium, or tight curls or light, medium, or tight waves. The straight sheitel is very straight and has a hard time holding a curl/set. The medium waves can be worn styled or natural if you like that. They may ask for you to upload a picture of the texture you want.
You can also ask for more density (thickness). I got standard and like it. It's pretty flat (which is my style, but I know people who want more density)
It's my experience that the legnth runs long (but my experience might be a one off).
It took about two weeks to come and I needed to pay duty in arrival (about 30$).
The silk top is 4 inches by 4 inches. If you have a long "banana" head you can ask for a top that is bigger. If not, your part wont be able to go all the way to the back of your head. They'll charge extra, but I don't know how that will affect general sizing.
I don't know how their lace fronts look. I'd be scared to try as you need to get that right for it to look good.
Returns are a disaster. They may give you back your money if you ship it back, but shipping cost about 100$ and it's on you. I'be been very happy with mine, as have been other people who I know who did this, but one person tried returning and it was a nightmare. It's a gamble, but the odds are pretty good in my experience.
When I unpacked it for the first time it stank and looked flat. It was much better after a wash and set. I took it to a sheitel Macher for baby hairs. Made a huge difference.
Eta: I don't think it's safe to agree to pay them privately through paypal (if they ask you). The aliexpress website offers some protection for a lemon. If you don't go through their platform you loose that. It's ok to pay for the add ons that way (extra density, extra large cap, bigger silk top) but I wouldn't reccomend paying for the whole sheitel that way.

Last edited by Refine on Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

cfel

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:16 pm
Ordered from tsingtaowigs, paid for more hair on the wig. The color I got was dark compared to the other wigs I have (used a 6 on all of my wigs.) I'd recommend attaching a picture of your current color. Good luck!!

idontknow

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:36 pm
Thank you for the feedback. Seems so complicated... And a bit risky. Not sure how I would determine thickness..etc.. Following posts for any upcoming wig sales in the nyc area.

Applekugel

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:06 am
A lady in monsey sells gorgeous wigs from china for cost price. Tons of wigs there...like $400 .She does it as a chesed so pple cld afford ro buy wigs. Text 845-376-9982 or shaintels.com for appt
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels