Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Boro Park - Beef Bones

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:13 am
I am looking for a whole, large beef bone for my dog, and some pre-cut marrow bones for myself for bone broth, both for a good price. It doesn't have to be at the same place, though that would obviously be easier! I walk all the way through Boro Park on 53rd St. on my way home from work, so the closer the 53d, the better, but don't mind going a bit out of my way, either.

I know I could buy bones for the dog online, but it makes me a bit nervous to have non-kosher bones around the house. Maybe that's crazy, but that's me:) Besides, I'd rather get from a local butcher ... if that's even possible? TIA!

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:24 am
Isn't there a butcher on 53rd? (By new utrecht)
I don't think marrow bones are super cheap anywhere.
Kehilla & Mehudar butchers deliver regardless of minimum as long as you're not too far.
And yeah I never heard of people making sure their dog food is kosher.
Side note: I know the bones are chock full of nutrients and are great for their diet, just make sure your dog knows how to handle it so they don't have teeth fractures, or swallow too much small pieces.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:46 am
Satmar Meat is at 53rd and New Utrecht. But, I don't usually shop at butchers, nor do I usually buy these items, so I have no idea what I am looking for, price-wise. DH usually does the meat shopping, and he buys when things go on sale. So, the question is: where can I find decent prices? I know super cheap might not be an option, but I would rather spend less than more, if I have an option. I don't really want to spend hours shlepping around to all the butchers in Boro Park price-checking, especially as I assume that some of the many local Ima's might already know the answer! No one is going to deliver to us, because we live too far, unfortunately.

I don't worry about the dog food being kosher, because it just stays in her bowl. It's just the bones, as she drags them everywhere, and especially with a baby on the way, it makes me nervous to have non-kosher bone residue all over the apartment. I know it's weird, but ... since I am looking for marrow bones anyway, I thought I might as well check out kosher bone options:)

Thanks for the side note!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:56 am
Wait for beef neck bones to go on sale at KRM. Or just ask for that at any butcher or supermarket.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries