Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim ideas (I know its a bit early)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 12:11 pm
funny50 wrote:
"last year my kids were firemen and my baby was the fire dog. I gave out red hots, barbeque chips, fire balls, bottle of water, cookies in the shape of fire engines and chocolate lollies in the shape of fire hydrants (I used red chocolate) and chocolate fire dog lollies (white chocolate and then used black writing to make black spots) and chocolate fire hats (red chocolate) I gave it out in a cellophane bag that had firetrucks on it. "

where did you get the cellophane bags with firetrucks? what size were they?

Forget the cellophane bags what I need to know is where you got the cookie cutters. Besides the fact that DS has his heart set on being a fireman this year (he already has 2 costumes thanks to well meaning relatives) he would love these kinds of cookies all the time!

Thanks

stem

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 12:30 pm
By far the most disgusting theme we ever heard of is a closed diaper with a brownie and bottle of apple juice inside... to make it even worse, tthe card said "look what _____ (name of their newborn) made!"
It was meant as a joke and the xcouple only gave it to a few close friends (not us b"h)

Bzgirl

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 12:43 pm
myfriends715 wrote:
TRYING TO FIND SOME QUTE CHEAP COSTUMES FOR MY TWINS (THEY WILL BE AROUND 7 MOTNHS THEN IY"H) ANY IDEAS? PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE WHAT TO GIVE OUT

I think hershey kisses will be adorable
my daughter was a hershey kiss when she was bout 8-9 months
Shalach Monos full of chocolate yummm

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 12:58 pm
stem wrote:
By far the most disgusting theme we ever heard of is a closed diaper with a brownie and bottle of apple juice inside... to make it even worse, tthe card said "look what _____ (name of their newborn) made!"
It was meant as a joke and the xcouple only gave it to a few close friends (not us b"h)
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 1:00 pm
stem wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

lamplighter

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 1:26 pm
just a side point to whomever was talking about contributing money and giving a card with candy in place of shaloch monos:

Please do not do this to ur children's teachers. Sending them shaloch monos is a token of appreciation and filling ur duty by means of giving tzedaka don't add up. Yes it's true the nosh is not that neccesary but a dish or a practical item with wine and candy is perfectly acceptable and appreciated, a card in this case is off (in my humble opinon).

My Dh and I don't really dress up (on occasion I was a waitress). our shaloch monos (to exactly 4 people) is a salad bowl, with ingrediants, prepared dressing, and a recipe card. I always make sure there are 2 brochos

MommyEsty

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 2:05 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
this is getting to be too serious.

who thinks I should dress up as santa claus this purim? I can give out stockings with rock candy. and maybe some coca cola Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I really wanted to buy my baby a tiny santa outfit this past season, but my husband wont hear of it Smile

MartyB

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 2:26 pm
stem wrote:

Gross! Not sure which is worse, this or the foot one....

imokay

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 4:27 pm
Quote:
My sister wants to know if anyone has a poem or cute line to go with a pirate theme. Maybe something to do with haman's hat being a triangle like a pirate's hat???

avimom, maybe this is too lengthly, but maybe u can use it as a start or springboard for some ideas:

Well ahoy there mate, purim wishes we send,
From our ship here out at sea.
Haman's hat, so similar to ours,
A coincidence? Can it be?

Any pirate that sails the seas,
Best be ready for his fate.
With his pirate's heat perched on his head,
Many adangers do await.

But alas, the ending to his crimes,
On the gallows, he must pay.
Too many treasures stolen,
Too many dreams just snatched away.

Haman too, was a man of greed,
With his trademark hat worn with pride.
Desiring the honor that was not his,
Attempting to destroy us natiowide.

But this "pirate" met his grueome end
A happy ending to this tale.
For Hashem protects his vast sea,
From pirates who attempt to sail.

So happy purim, treasured friends,
We're sure you will use this day.
To remember that we are always in God's hands,
With our trusted map to lead the way.

ps. glad you like my star poem! Very Happy

Crayon210

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 4:39 pm
stem wrote:

I've heard of that. In addition to being gross, diapers are expensive!!

BP MOM

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 4:58 pm
I ordered my daughters kallah costume by disneyshopping.com,
for those of you who asked.

avimom

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 5:06 pm
Wow!! Thanks for the poem imokay- my sister will be thrilled!!! There so many talented people on imamother, it's unbelieveable!!!

imokay

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 5:13 pm
my pleasure avimom.
glad to have helped
Very Happy

avimom

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 5:16 pm
hmm, so can you think of something for my challah theme now?? Very Happy

red sea

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 5:27 pm
omg! I'm not even thinking of purim yet, I'm thinking about pesach first, I will iyh worry about purim plans later Very Happy .

madys being that its friday and you are in a huge community where you need to give so many out I dont think the tzeddakah thing will make you look lazy esp since its friday (and who needs so much candy ! is right)

btmomtoffb's I love those 2 ideas.

The best mm I also got was breakfast one year.

I dont do themes or poetry. I find more fun for me by thinking of each thing separately and not having pressure to coordinate.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 8:48 am
Quote:
where did you get the cellophane bags with firetrucks? what size were they?

I got them from ebay don't remember the size

Quote:
Forget the cellophane bags what I need to know is where you got the cookie cutters

I got the cookie cutters and chocolate molds online from the store
www.confectioneryhouse.com

mamaloosh

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 9:19 am
Myfriends, you can make your twins 'Thing 1 and thing 2' from the Cat in the Hat. That's my plan for my girls this year! I'm going to make the costumes myself. I was also thinking of making a huge oversized net to 'catch' them with like in the book. Don't know what to do with mishloach manot yet, though. I'm still waiting for an idea to hit me. Maybe something with a Dr. Seuss-type poem.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 12:19 pm
OP here so what can I give out?

atlastamom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 1:06 pm
mamaloosh, my aunt bought butterfly nets at the dollar store and she is putting sm in that. thought that would be cute as the container for your dr. seuss theme too.

stsmommy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 1:28 pm
OP, how about cookies shaped in stars, like a badge?
Red and blue candies, ala sirens?
maybe you can fine clear cellophane bags with black stripes(jail)?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics