Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wedding fashion?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:49 am
Librarian wrote:
You said fancy crowd. Then nude is the way to go. Asymentrical hemline is a bit 2 years ago I may still wear it but don't buy it. And I'm 50 and a size 2-4 Smile

It depends on the fancy crowd. I don't know any crowd that goes to weddings that aren't fancy. Chassidish has different looks than MO.

OP go with your look. Get something you can use again.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!
& nude hose?
Really??

Blaaaaaaaack. And black velvet heels

Librarian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:06 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
If the wedding is in a community where women wear only opaque tights, then by all means do so. Otherwise, opaque tights, shimmer or not, don’t go with wedding attire.

I happen to agree. I personally only would wear nude myself

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:32 am
You can never go wrong with a black straight dress.

Don't wear colorful flowery flowy dress or hot pink suit....then you won't look OUT.

Just something classy.

Librarian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:45 am
[quote="amother [ Aqua ]"]And you're a size 6-8??? Nice!

Sorry kind of fixating on this...50 is not old lol

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:20 am
[quote="Librarian"]
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
And you're a size 6-8??? Nice!

Sorry kind of fixating on this...50 is not old lol

No not at all! But I'm 23. There are a lot more 6-8 23 yr olds than there are 50 yr olds!

Librarian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:26 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
No not at all! But I'm 23. There are a lot more 6-8 23 yr olds than there are 50 yr olds!

LOL most of my friends are skinny and beautiful! In fact, we look even better now cuz no more post-baby weight and a little more time to exercise!

Librarian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:28 am
though when I was 23 probably did not have to exercise...

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:45 am
I went to a wedding last week, Lakewood, yeshivish/chassidish crowd, I've never seen so many black dresses in one night at one event!!
Lol! I didn't know there are so many black dresses being sold! Whoever didn't wear black stood out! It was mind boggling!
Nothing new I know but I don't go out too often and every time I see it I'm shocked!
Thuthfully at the end of the evening I had no idea what anyone was wearing!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:47 am
Lol! My amother color!! LOL

cbg

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:28 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Nude is more elegant to weddings.

Only nude, classic

I’m 50 something, size 6 is my dream size

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:24 am
Still think black opaque tights are the way to go. Even thought nude pantyhose look better on the leg. Imo

Another question: what about sheitel style? I know that flat, straight is in & beach waves are out
BUT, what if straight doesn’t look that good on me? Like , I’m too OLD for a flat straight look. I feel like it makes me look older. & am I too old to add a rhinestone embellishment to the sheitel?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:15 am
Librarian wrote:
LOL Darling, in some circles fur is ALWAYS in!

oy

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:16 am
black tights absolutely can dress up depending what you wear - have you been to a non Jewish event?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 4:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Still think black opaque tights are the way to go. Even thought nude pantyhose look better on the leg. Imo

Another question: what about sheitel style? I know that flat, straight is in & beach waves are out
BUT, what if straight doesn’t look that good on me? Like , I’m too OLD for a flat straight look. I feel like it makes me look older. & am I too old to add a rhinestone embellishment to the sheitel?

Yes I think you're too old for a rhinestone embellishment and I think you should wear what looks nice on you. I've definitely seen wavy sheitels at weddings! Many people's Shabbos/wedding sheitels are wavy.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 4:39 am
What is wrong with sheer black nylons? They sound very classy to me.

I don't understand why all the black dresses at weddings. Doesn't it look more like a funeral in there? By my friend's daughter's wedding in Beitar it was very colorful, glittery, and a lot of fun. Everyone got to express their individual style, even within the framework of an extremely frum community.

Another friend of mine's daughter got married to a non Jew. My friend wore all black and stood in the back in protest. She was the only person there in black.

If everyone is wearing black now, what does that mean? Do people wear all black even in the spring and summer? It sounds like people are afraid to make their own fashion decisions, so they all picked one easy color and agreed to stick to it.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 6:42 am
If the wedding is in Lkwd and you want to fit in, wear all black and do NOT wear nude pantyhose in the winter. or fall. or early spring.

After pesach, I was at a wedding in lkwd, my dress was black with colorful embroidered flowers and I wore nude. I was the only one in the slightest bit of color and in nude. Black black black Smile

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The straight look is very in, but it's more casual. Do wavy (NOT curly) for wedding. No clips or barrettes.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:22 am
Librarian wrote:
LOL most of my friends are skinny and beautiful! In fact, we look even better now cuz no more post-baby weight and a little more time to exercise!

But most people’s metabolisms slow down as they get older.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:36 am
I see curly
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics