Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Restaurants in Pittsburgh

jsb

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 1:52 pm
Not really sure where to post this, but doesanyone know names and websites/phone numbers of kosher restaurants in Pittsburg and can anyone who’s eaten there recommend any and say what type of food they serve?

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:32 pm
I think there's only a few kosher restaurants there. Both times we've been in Pittsburgh, we've gone to Milky Way, which we enjoyed very much - (412) 421-3121, www.milkywaypgh.com

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:59 pm
Welcome to the 'burgh! Here are the kosher restaurants under the Vaad:
Milky Way- on Murray Ave. Dairy restaurant, popular and casual. Pizza, fries, big salads, good soup. Paninis are yummy, big enough to share between two people IME. Excellent cookies.

Cafe Eighteen- up the road from MW on Murray Ave. 412-421-3033. Open most evenings and most days for lunch, depends on the day though. Call or see their Facebook page for hours. It's next to Pinskers Judaica store (same owners). Meat restaurant: good hamburgers, soups, salads. Interesting menu, good choice for "foodies." This is probably my favorite kosher place here. Sometimes there's sushi or poke bowls. Higher end than Milky Way and nicer atmosphere. Serves an extensive wine list (they sell bottles of wine too). This is a sit-down restaurant as opposed to counter service with seats (unlike MW and Hamsah, below, which are counter service with tables to seat yourself).

Dunkin Donuts on Forbes and Shady is kosher. It's fine. Standard DD fare, vegetarian sausages etc.

NEW restaurant in Greenfield which is the next neighborhood over from Squirrel Hill: Hamsah which is on Murray Ave. Very yummy Middle Eastern food. My favorite is the shwarma. (412) 904-1974 I think it's open 12-8 almost every day. It's a little more casual than 18. They have a FB page too.

jsb

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:21 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Welcome to the 'burgh! Here are the kosher restaurants under the Vaad:
Milky Way- on Murray Ave. Dairy restaurant, popular and casual. Pizza, fries, big salads, good soup. Paninis are yummy, big enough to share between two people IME. Excellent cookies.

Cafe Eighteen- up the road from MW on Murray Ave. 412-421-3033. Open most evenings and most days for lunch, depends on the day though. Call or see their Facebook page for hours. It's next to Pinskers Judaica store (same owners). Meat restaurant: good hamburgers, soups, salads. Interesting menu, good choice for "foodies." This is probably my favorite kosher place here. Sometimes there's sushi or poke bowls. Higher end than Milky Way and nicer atmosphere. Serves an extensive wine list (they sell bottles of wine too). This is a sit-down restaurant as opposed to counter service with seats (unlike MW and Hamsah, below, which are counter service with tables to seat yourself).

Dunkin Donuts on Forbes and Shady is kosher. It's fine. Standard DD fare, vegetarian sausages etc.

NEW restaurant in Greenfield which is the next neighborhood over from Squirrel Hill: Hamsah which is on Murray Ave. Very yummy Middle Eastern food. My favorite is the shwarma. (412) 904-1974 I think it's open 12-8 almost every day. It's a little more casual than 18. They have a FB page too.

Thanks! Do you think they’ll be open on Thursday (thanksgiving?)

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 5:48 pm
Milky Way is not open on Thursday. I don't know about the others, you'll have to call and ask.
There's a way to order takeout food for Thursday from a place called Grilliance/Shabbox which is located in Squirrel Hill next to Milky Way, but you have to place your order ASAP. Email them at Grilliance1@gmail.com to get the information and place an order. Pickup is Wednesday late afternoon. This is a meat menu, it looked delicious.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 5:55 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Milky Way is not open on Thursday. I don't know about the others, you'll have to call and ask.
There's a way to order takeout food for Thursday from a place called Grilliance/Shabbox which is located in Squirrel Hill next to Milky Way, but you have to place your order ASAP. Email them at Grilliance1@gmail.com to get the information and place an order. Pickup is Wednesday late afternoon. This is a meat menu, it looked delicious.

Thanks but we would just be passing through town Thursday evening as we have a long car trip.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 8:18 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Thanks but we would just be passing through town Thursday evening as we have a long car trip.

If you dont have a restaurant option, 'Murray Ave Kosher' store on Murray has basic kosher food & across the street is Giant Eagle, they have a small kosher bakery selection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen