Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Phoenix, Arizona-transportation?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:01 pm
My husband and I will be going to phoenix arizona in a few weeks IyH. We plan on driving to the Grand Canyon and sedona- Ive read a lot of threads here about it, and gotten some good info.
My question is about phoenix itself-we'll be there for a few days, and my husband wants to rent a car, because he'd like to do the drive to GC etc instead of using a tour...does it make sense to drive ourselves around phoenix? Im asking specifically with regard to parking. Is it the kind of city where theres nowhere to park and we'll be stressed out trying to find a spot for a half hour? Or are there parking lots, or easy access to parking?

Also, I'll be checking the weather but does it make sense that we will need to bring coats? Going mid december IH

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:04 pm
We did this trip last year. It was great! You can definitely drive in Pheonix. It is hot there but when you drive to Sedona and GC, it can get really cold, so def bring jackets.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:34 pm
Phoenix is nothing like NYC in terms of parking. You shouldn't have any issue finding a spot near your destination without any stressful circling around. Check the forecast a few days before you leave, but you shouldn't need a coat for Phoenix itself, not sure about the other places where we've only been in the summer.

essie14

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:40 pm
Driving in Phoenix is very easy.
You won't need a coat in Phoenix but you will need one at the GC and you'll need layers for Sedona.
Have a great time!

sarahmalka

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:07 pm
Driving and parking are very easy in Phoenix and surrounding neighborhoods (Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale, etc.)! Car rentals are pretty cheap there too, compared to other states. Enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:10 pm
Thank you all so much!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:24 pm
please be sure to check the weather
and if a snowstorm blows in or is predicted please do not drive to the Grand Canyon on your own
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics