Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Idk what to do

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:56 am
I’m currently looking for a job but I have a 3 month old baby I can’t just let anyone take. It’s my first child and I’m very overprotective. He had a rough beginning (he was in the NICU) so I guess anybody would understand why I feel the way I feel.
What does it mean to share a babysitter? (I’m just curious. I see this a lot in magazines and I want to know what it means.)
Can I work as a babysitter and bring my baby with me too?
Are there workplaces that have babysitters? (Probably not, but you never know!)

Last edited by amother on Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:59 am
Yes, most babysitters where I live (and assistants) have their baby as one of the babies in the group

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:01 pm
miriess1 wrote:
I’m currently looking for a job but I have a 3 month old baby I can’t just let anyone take. It’s my first child and I’m very overprotective. He had a rough beginning (he was in the NICU) so I guess anybody would understand why I feel the way I feel.
What does it mean to share a babysitter? (I’m just curious. I see this a lot in magazines and I want to know what it means.)
Can I work as a babysitter and bring my baby with me too?
Are there workplaces that have babysitters? (Probably not, but you never know!)

What type of job are you looking for? And where do u live? If you wanna be babysitter you can do it in your own house and accept as many babie s as u want.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:06 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
What type of job are you looking for? And where do u live? If you wanna be babysitter you can do it in your own house and accept as many babie s as u want.

I used to work with people with special needs. That’s about the only job experience I have.
I did babysitting for someone when I was pregnant with my baby boy.
I’m looking for something else something that will be easy so I won’t be tired when I arrive home to my baby.

My house isn’t big enough. We have a small place (I’m talking about 1 bedroom here) and barely enough toys for a baby to play. Sad

My husband works, but I want to ease the financial burden a little (even though he says we have enough we always have to scrape enough to get formula and diapers etc)

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:06 pm
Assuming you are in the US, very few employers, usually large rich progressive corporations, have onsite childcare. VERY few. If you work for a daycare, they may let you bring your child. Sharing a sitter may mean one sitter takes your child and someone else’s at the same time, or one baby half a day and another the other half, or one baby certain days of the week and another one on the remaining days. You have to ask.

You could try to babysit someone else’s child in your own home or in hers, but let’s be honest: would you be comfortable leaving your baby with an inexperienced first-time mom who’s still learning how to care for her own infant?

Working in a day care that lets you bring your dc would be ideal. Another idea might be to run some sort of business from home. Not childcare, but some kind of service like sewing, flower arranging, addressing invitations, trimming hats, selling cookies, making challah dough for others to bake, writing cards or poems, custom-decorating children’s things like headbands, yarmulkas, tzitzis, T-shirts, stretchies, that sort of thing.

Last edited by zaq on Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:09 pm
zaq wrote:
Assuming you are in the US, very few employers, usually large rich progressive corporations, have onsite childcare. VERY few. If you work for a daycare, they may let you bring your child. Sharing a sitter may mean one sitter takes your child and someone else’s at the same time, or one baby half a day and another the other half, or one baby certain days of the week and another one on the remaining days. You have to ask.

You could try to babysit someone else’s child in your own home or in hers, but let’s be honest: would you be comfortable leaving your baby with an inexperienced first-time mom who’s still learning how to care for her own infant?

I babysat 4 babies (separately! 2 were twins, the other two were from separate families) before I had my own little boy, so I had some experience already. I got comments soon after my baby was born how “natural” I am and how I didn’t panic or gag over a poopy diaper lol

graphic613

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:33 pm
My baby had a rough start as well and I was also really nervous to send her out.
I did extensive research and found someone I trust and then I eased into sending her out slowly. The first day I sent her for 1 hour. The second dat for 2 hours. The third day for 3 hours until I reached 5 hours- which is the amount of time she would be there. By the tume I was working- I felt comfortable that my daughter was safe
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics