Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do you decorate the Yichud room?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:01 pm
If so with what or how ?
Thanks

Wife1

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:19 pm
Nope sounds silly

Decorate your apartment at home where the whole world doesn't have to keep tabs on everything

isrmss91

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:45 pm
Never heard of such a thing. and since the Choson and Kallah are alone for the first time. I would think they have only eyes for each other and could care less what is on the walls.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:47 pm
This was a special request from the bride to be

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This was a special request from the bride to be

Ask her what she has in mind.

flmommy

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:49 pm
Ah ok then do it!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:56 pm
My sisters set up a table for us. Heart themed everything- tablecloths, plates, napkins, wine glasses (everything had hearts on it or was in shape of heart!) And they put Mr and Mrs mugs as the centerpiece stuffed with heart candies. And they put out cookies.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:15 pm
I have barely any memories of how it looked

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:37 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
My sisters set up a table for us. Heart themed everything- tablecloths, plates, napkins, wine glasses (everything had hearts on it or was in shape of heart!) And they put Mr and Mrs mugs as the centerpiece stuffed with heart candies. And they put out cookies.

Great idea any links?

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Great idea any links?

When's the wedding? If it's in january or february, dollar tree busts out their valentines day stuff then!

Here are the mugs:
https://www.googleadservices.c.....D_BwE

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:21 pm
so cute ! thank you

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:50 pm
Seems a bit tacky to me in that this would require the kallah’s friends to be all over the room which should sort of be just for the chosson and kallah as it symbolizes...well, you know. There really ought not to be anything there to remind the kallah that her friends were there before her.

If the kallah notices so much as a single crepe paper swag, I’ll eat my entire collection of wild and crazy hats. The chosson for sure won’t notice. At this particular moment they should be totally wrapped up in each other, not admiring the decor. But of course this is something you only know if you’ve BTDT.

Go ahead and do what she asked since you’re a good friend and she asked for it, but don’t go too crazy trying to find the perfect this and that. If you’re on this site, you are or were married at least once: do you recall what your yichud room looked like (apart from all your stuff scattered all over, if there was no separate bride’s dressing room)?

Exactly.

avrahamama

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:28 pm
I'm guessing an extra centerpiece, candles, and some wine and foods would be tasteful and nice

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:31 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Seems a bit tacky to me in that this would require the kallah’s friends to be all over the room which should sort of be just for the chosson and kallah as it symbolizes...well, you know. There really ought not to be anything there to remind the kallah that her friends were there before her.

If the kallah notices so much as a single crepe paper swag, I’ll eat my entire collection of wild and crazy hats. The chosson for sure won’t notice. At this particular moment they should be totally wrapped up in each other, not admiring the decor. But of course this is something you only know if you’ve BTDT.

Go ahead and do what she asked since you’re a good friend and she asked for it, but don’t go too crazy trying to find the perfect this and that. If you’re on this site, you are or were married at least once: do you recall what your yichud room looked like (apart from all your stuff scattered all over, if there was no separate bride’s dressing room)?

Exactly.

I do remember what it looked like! And I was so touched that my friends cared enough to make sure we had a nice room.

I also couldn't wait to get out of the yichud room, get the wedding moving on ... So we could go home together.

jfk92

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:27 pm
Didnt know this was done. But im thinking if the kallah wants the room decorated (again never really heard of this) that the idea is for the chosson to do it, as a romantic gesture of some sort (?). I am not such a fan of paper decorations but perhaps some nice flowers. I know real flowers can get expensive, dont need much just need to be clever about placing. For instace invert one glass over a tea candle and have another glass with water and floating flower beside it. Perhaps some pedals and fancier table clothes. A few nicely framed photos, letter blocks for their initials?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:37 pm
So childish and immature. She has an entire wedding hall filled with beautiful decorations and all her guests, and she has to make her friends work extra so she can have special (read: tacky) decorations in the yichud room, at a time when the last thing she should be caring about is the decorations.

Is this a new social media trend that brides need to get on in order to stay relevant?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:55 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
So childish and immature. She has an entire wedding hall filled with beautiful decorations and all her guests, and she has to make her friends work extra so she can have special (read: tacky) decorations in the yichud room, at a time when the last thing she should be caring about is the decorations.

Is this a new social media trend that brides need to get on in order to stay relevant?

I was scared to say this, but - yes, exactly.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:11 am
The curse of Imamother strikes again.

Why does this bother you all so much? The kallah has requested a pretty, special space in which to make her first memories with her new DH. It won't cost much, it won't take long - exactly what is your problem???????????

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:21 am
"the kallah has requested"

There's enough effort , time and money people pour into this wedding. Decorating the yichud room is so completely unnecessary. Why is it wrong to tell the kallah .. no won't happen?
Yes, the wedding is all about the bride and groom but she doesn't have to milk it.
Her husband will be there, isn't that enough? If it isn't maybe there should be no wedding at all. Can't Believe It

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:32 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
The curse of Imamother strikes again.

Why does this bother you all so much? The kallah has requested a pretty, special space in which to make her first memories with her new DH. It won't cost much, it won't take long - exactly what is your problem???????????

Honestly - if the look of this private space is important to her - she should decorate it herself.

All friends decorating the Yichud room does is set-up a situation where the Kallah has to report back to her friends on how much she liked the decor of her Yichud room. Uch.

Its very silly.

the complete high of coming from the chuppah cannot, and should not be matched with cheap decorations.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics