Home

Has the Democrat party gone mad?
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Jeanette

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:40 pm
I cannot believe they are siding with convicted war criminal Eddie Gallagher and allowing him to retire with his benefits intact while forcing the secretary of the navy to resign for refusing that order.

And just last week they were screaming that actual decorated war hero Alexander Vindman is unamerican and a traitor.

Is there not a single sane person left in the Democrat party?

Shame on all of them.

Oh oops, that silly autocorrect switched out the names of the parties. Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

small bean

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:55 pm
He was acquitted on almost all charges on July 2, 2019, but was found guilty of posing for a photo with a corpse, considered the least egregious of the crimes. His trial included an unexpected confession from another medic who had been granted immunity, claiming he was the one who actually killed the victim.

Of course he has to resign, he was sent out for not following orders.

You dont get to be boss. You need to follow orders.
There was a lot wrong with the whole trial. And there was a lot of procedure that was not done properly.

I think this is politics at it's best and both parties may be in the wrong. But let's not overreact.

Cheiny

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:02 pm
In a word, absolutely.

Squishy

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:06 pm
Cheiny wrote:
In a word, absolutely.

They went mad a long time ago.

small bean

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:10 pm
And kamala harris really went mad this weekend, saying if drug companies dont do what she wants, she will have the government take them over. What is this?

Squishy

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:13 pm
What about Joe Biden not remembering the names of his 4 potential female running mate?

Cheiny

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:14 pm
small bean wrote:
And kamala harris really went mad this weekend, saying if drug companies dont do what she wants, she will have the government take them over. What is this?

Desperation. Why do you think Bloomberg got in at such a late point? Because it’s clear dems have horrible candidates running...

Cheiny

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:15 pm
Squishy wrote:
What about Joe Biden not remembering the names of his 4 potential female running mate?

And saying there was only one black senator, when a second one was standing a few feet away... Oy it was embarrassing.

Cheiny

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:20 pm
Here’s proof:
http://www.israelnationalnews......72186

House Democrats demand State Dept reverse 'settlements' decision
106 congressional Democrats, including 12 committee chairs, condemn State Dept. declaration that Israeli settlements are legal.
Marcy Oster, JTA, 24/11/19 21:15

Mike Pompeo
Mike PompeoReuters

More than 100 Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives sent a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, calling on him to “immediately” reverse the decision to declare that Israeli communities in Judea and Samaria are not illegal under international law.

The letter, led by Rep. Andy Levin of Michigan, was signed by 106 congressmen, including 12 committee chairs.

“This announcement, following the administration’s decision to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem outside of a negotiated agreement; its closure of the Palestinian mission in Washington, D.C. and U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem; and its halting of aid Congress appropriated to the West Bank and Gaza, has discredited the United States as an honest broker between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, severely damaged prospects for peace, and endangered the security of America, Israel, and the Palestinian people,” the letter said.

“The State Department’s unilateral reversal on the status of settlements, without any clear legal justification, therefore has offered a tacit endorsement of settlements, their expansion, and associated demolitions of Palestinian homes,” the letter also said. The decision, it added, undermines America’s “moral standing.”

The letter is backed by the left-wing Jewish organization J Street.

small bean

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:34 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Desperation. Why do you think Bloomberg got in at such a late point? Because it’s clear dems have horrible candidates running...

This is true. It is much like republicans 2016.

The more the democrats talk, I think the less of a chance they have at taking over. As butigeig said, let's not talk so much about extreme positions, we can just do it once we are elected.

Squishy

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:36 pm
The real question is when.

PinkFridge

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 8:52 am
Squishy wrote:

That's not mad, that's getting old.
Now if the Democratic party thinks he's their only hope, that's just sad. Not mad. He should have been in elder statesman mode now, and he'd probably have been taken very seriously.

PinkFridge

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 8:53 am
small bean wrote:
This is true. It is much like republicans 2016.

The more the democrats talk, I think the less of a chance they have at taking over. As butigeig said, let's not talk so much about extreme positions, we can just do it once we are elected.

Really? He really said that?

JoyInTheMorning

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:01 am
PF, The Atlantic has an article in its current issue about Biden’s stuttering problem. Though he doesn’t make a big deal of it, he has dealt with a significant stutter for all of his life. Many stutterers avoid words that they find difficult and cast about for substitute words instead, not always successfully. Sometimes the substitute words are malapropisms. I think this may go a long way to explain his public gaffes, more so than old age.

PinkFridge

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:13 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
PF, The Atlantic has an article in its current issue about Biden’s stuttering problem. Though he doesn’t make a big deal of it, he has dealt with a significant stutter for all of his life. Many stutterers avoid words that they find difficult and cast about for substitute words instead, not always successfully. Sometimes the substitute words are malapropisms. I think this may go a long way to explain his public gaffes, more so than old age.

I didn't know that. I guess because I hadn't heard him speak too much before the last 10 years, and even then not that much till the 2016 campaign.

itsmeima

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:14 am
Squishy wrote:

Squishy

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:21 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

That's not a plausible explanation. He used much bigger words and more difficult to pronounce to describe them. This is his potential running mate!

I wouldn't be concerned if this was a cocktail party or a casual acquaintance.

JoyInTheMorning

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:31 am
itsmeima wrote:

Actually, I think Trump may have dyslexia, which could explain his difficulty in reading names and and remembering them. That is not why I think he's a terrible and corrupt president. (Many great leaders have had dyslexia; and many people who aren't great leaders have dyslexia.)

JoyInTheMorning

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:33 am
Squishy wrote:
That's not a plausible explanation. He used much bigger words and more difficult to pronounce to describe them. This is his potential running mate!

I wouldn't be concerned if this was a cocktail party or a casual acquaintance.

The words stutterers find difficult are often not those we who are not stutterers might think are difficult.

Jeanette

Post  Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:46 am
Why are Biden"s memory problems more important than the fact that Trump pardoned a war criminal and interfered with the military disciplinary process? Why are Republicans defending Gallagher while accusing Vindman, an actual war hero, of being anti-American and a traitor?
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 10 View latest: 24h 48h 72h