Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for a reputable seamstress in Monsey

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:35 pm
I moved to Monsey a short while ago and was recommended the famous Maria.
Her rates are outrageously high in comparison to the prices I paid for alterations in Brooklyn.

I am interested in more recommendations for seamstresses that do high quality work for descent rates.

TIA.

Librarian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:19 pm
I am very happy with Lydia at Valuclean. She does great, meticulous work and the prices are not bad. She is smart and speaks English very well. I have used her for years and given her difficult work. I highly recommend.

Librarian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:54 pm
Do not go to Ranies. She is outrageously expensive

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:02 pm
French Seam on Remsen is a frum woman she's great and has decent prices but Brooklyn prices are cheaper no matter what

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:08 pm
Brooklyn people are spoiled
[I should know I moved from there]
between the Henry's the random chinese and the russians
brooklyn is home to some awesome seamstress
here in Monsey
forget it
Maria on maple near twin is supposed to be very good and very expensive
I have yet to find someone
following this thread

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:53 pm
Call Gladys
746-7687
She speaks English
Picks up and drops off
Very reasonable prices
Clean and efficient

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:29 pm
mom2mysouls wrote:
Call Gladys
746-7687
She speaks English
Picks up and drops off
Very reasonable prices
Clean and efficient

And her work is horrible!! Everything I did by her had to be done again, I went right back to the expensive seamstresses.

Bp seamstress are way cheaper then monsey not sure why but hear it from all city people that moved

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:55 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
And her work is horrible!! Everything I did by her had to be done again, I went right back to the expensive seamstresses.

Bp seamstress are way cheaper then monsey not sure why but hear it from all city people that moved

She's very good for basic things. Most of my neighbors/friends that used her with happy. She tells me she doesn't like doing complicated stuff.
There's heimish lady on Gwen lane. Her name is Spira. She's better for gowns and dressier stuff..but it takes a while by her.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:49 am
Librarian wrote:
I am very happy with Lydia at Valuclean. She does great, meticulous work and the prices are not bad. She is smart and speaks English very well. I have used her for years and given her difficult work. I highly recommend.

Thank you Librarian for the info.
Can you kindly post Lydia's exact address and phone number?
As of yet I haven't heard of Vacuclean. Is that a cleaners? As you can see, I am still quite unfamiliar here in Monsey...
I am very interested in someone who does meticulous work.
TIA

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:51 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
French Seam on Remsen is a frum woman she's great and has decent prices but Brooklyn prices are cheaper no matter what

I am still quite a stranger here in Monsey
Kindly post her name, address and phone # please.
TIA

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am still quite a stranger here in Monsey
Kindly post her name, address and phone # please.
TIA

Vale lean is located in the evergreen mall I believe u just walk in

libadmin

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:54 am
Try Lourdes at Ashley Tailoring Shop (845) 426-1067 in Hillcrest, which is on the way to New Square. She's very nice, speaks English and is excellent. I can't compare her prices to Brooklyn but I have had gowns and other items altered by her and have always been happy. She is also there most Sundays.

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you Librarian for the info.
Can you kindly post Lydia's exact address and phone number?
As of yet I haven't heard of Vacuclean. Is that a cleaners? As you can see, I am still quite unfamiliar here in Monsey...
I am very interested in someone who does meticulous work.
TIA

I can recommend Lilly also. Value clean is the best cleaner but pricey. They also do men's alterations professionally. They will deliver.

Lilly is not as pricey as Maria who gave me a big surprise bill when I picked up my gown. We agreed to one price and she overcharged me without asking first.

I love lily's work for the fit.

happyone

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:42 am
frum woman most honest and meticulous. charges by hour not expensive I found.
845.263-7595

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:44 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Brooklyn people are spoiled
[I should know I moved from there]
between the Henry's the random chinese and the russians
brooklyn is home to some awesome seamstress
here in Monsey
forget it
Maria on maple near twin is supposed to be very good and very expensive
I have yet to find someone
following this thread

I used Henry's or other chinese places for my less expensive outfits, like for weekday robe hems but never for better outfits, not even for basic skirt hems because I found their workmanship very unprofessional.

The seamstresses I used in Brooklyn were very reputable and not cheap at all. But the prices here at Maria's (she is the only one I've been using since I moved here) are outrageously high. I am not so impressed with some of her workmanship either. She did some good jobs for me but at the same time also ruined a very pretty top for me and blamed it on the fabric.

Another outfit that she altered for me was far from good as well: She had to take in the shoulders / sleeves of a top and didn't do them evenly. The right shoulder was taken in much more than left one and it was obviously visible but she refused to redo it. I had it re-altered by my local cleaners who also charged an arm and a leg to redo it...

In the future I will belee neder try the other seamstresses mentioned on this thread.
Thanks to everyone for responding and helping out.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:45 am
Threads in the evergreen shopping center has a seamstress on the second floor. Does great work.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:45 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

Second that. I took a ton of stuff to her and everything was always done perfectly. She never had to redo or fix anything. Also she is always so pleasant even when the store is full of people.

Librarian

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:52 pm
Valuclean is in the Evergreen shopping center. The entrance is from the parking lot. 8453522323. They pick up and deliver have very professional service. For my delicate clothing I prefer Park Plaza cleaners which has a drop off/pick up store front in the Rockland Kosher Supermarket shopping center. But our weekly cleaning (husbands and kids shirts and suits...) gets picked up and dropped off by valuclean. They are not cheap but have excellent service. And I use LYDIA from valuclean for all my tailoring she is excellent and her prices are fair for Monsey.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:54 pm
Librarian, this is very helpful information. Thanks
Oh, and everyone, if you're a heavy duty cleaners / seamstress user in Brooklyn, maybe this is something to add onto your list of more expensive expenses when moving to Monsey, together with your food and taxes and landscaping and so on. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries