Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How much does a wedding dress from kleinfelds start at ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:54 pm
Thanks

Sebastian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:58 pm
look online. 1000ish

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:04 pm
One thousand?
Or ten thousand ?

icedcoffee

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:09 pm
She means one thousand. There are plenty of dresses under $2k, you can see on the site yourself, but a lot more options open up beyond that.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:11 pm
1000 see for yourself: https://www.kleinfeldbridal.co.....price

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:17 pm
Thank you

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 1:03 am
They seem to have a pop up sample sale this week.
Mazel Tov!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:55 am
Thanks

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:39 am
While they may have some cheaper gowns the majority of the gowns are 6k and up. Especially the full style gowns that Jewish girls typically like(as opposed to mermaid or straight styles) And then depending on your tzniyus standards you have to alter the gown which costs extras plus the fabrics.
Then they have a store across the street where you can get reduced pricing - last years styles etc and then I think you alter it yourself.
I personally got a sample gown from them and they charged me 999 for a 7k gown. Still not sure how that happened although it did come I It to be about 2k with alterations and fabrics.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:44 am
My dress from kleinfelds cost about 10k.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:47 am
If you don’t mind taking it to your own seamstress and you are about a size 2-4-6 then Ask for a sample gown. People are under the misconception that you need to be a size zero to fit into a sample. I am about a size 2-4 top and size 4-6 skirt normally and I had to take mine in.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 1:24 pm
Thanks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:03 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
My dress from kleinfelds cost about 10k.

Wow ! What did you do with you’re gown afterward?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:17 pm
Mine is still in my closet if anyone wants it lol

penguin

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:21 pm
I told you it would be similar to Yocheved Lewin.

ETA: Although Mina will be proud of those who are wililng to use a sample or last year' style.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:33 pm
Huh? I am confused.
My gown is $7k on the website. How would anyone know it’s a sample and even if they did why would I care m?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:51 pm
[quote="amother [ Chartreuse ]"]Mine is still in my closet if anyone wants it lol[/quote
Donate it to a gemach
Get a tax deduction

Amarante

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 5:43 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Huh? I am confused.
My gown is $7k on the website. How would anyone know it’s a sample and even if they did why would I care m?

The issue isn't whether someone would know it's a sample. The issue is that not every sample is available for sale because the store needs the samples in order for women to try on and order the dress.

The samples are typically sold at a sample sale because they no longer need the samples since the manufacturer is now selling new styles.

I believe Kleinfelds now has a less expensive line that is $1000 and under or so.

If. you live in NY, it certainly doesn't hurt to make an appointment and see what is available in your budget. I believe there is a sales associate who specializes in "modest" dresses so when you book your appointment you should mention that so your appointment is as effective as possible.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 6:32 pm
Holy cannoli. Two to Six grand for a dress you’ll wear once. Unreal. And unless I err, Kleinfeld’s is supposed to have great prices, at least compared to department stores like Saks. Glad I have just the one dd. At least the chosson gets to wear his wedding outfit over and over again.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 6:54 pm
Amarante wrote:
The issue isn't whether someone would know it's a sample. The issue is that not every sample is available for sale because the store needs the samples in order for women to try on and order the dress.

The samples are typically sold at a sample sale because they no longer need the samples since the manufacturer is now selling new styles.

I believe Kleinfelds now has a less expensive line that is $1000 and under or so.

If. you live in NY, it certainly doesn't hurt to make an appointment and see what is available in your budget. I believe there is a sales associate who specializes in "modest" dresses so when you book your appointment you should mention that so your appointment is as effective as possible.

I saw an episode of Say Yes to the Dress (yeah, yeah, I have guilty pleasures) where she appeared. They were discussing whether the rabbi was OK with sleeves to the elbow, or if the elbow needed to be covered.

Some of the more expensive dresses are truly horrible.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics