Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How much does a wedding dress from kleinfelds start at ?
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:57 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Holy cannoli. Two to Six grand for a dress you’ll wear once. Unreal. And unless I err, Kleinfeld’s is supposed to have great prices, at least compared to department stores like Saks. Glad I have just the one dd. At least the chosson gets to wear his wedding outfit over and over again.

No, they're supposed to have a great selection and great service. My friend went there with her DD. They should have been on the show, as my friend almost came to blows with her sister, who kept encouraging the bride to try on dresses that were way over budget. But she said it was quite an experience.

Amarante

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 5:36 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I saw an episode of Say Yes to the Dress (yeah, yeah, I have guilty pleasures) where she appeared. They were discussing whether the rabbi was OK with sleeves to the elbow, or if the elbow needed to be covered.

Some of the more expensive dresses are truly horrible.

One of my guilty pleasures. The episode you saw was one of the first seasons.

The very expensive Pnina Tornei dresses - or what are affectionately referred to as the stripper fairy dresss are truly hideous. The was a bride from the Brooklyn Sephardic community who bought one that was about $25,000 - it was one of those incredibly garish ballgowns with lots of "bling".

I do think the Haley Paige dresses are quite pretty and the ones that Randy is designing seem to be an incredible value for the money. Pnina seems to be not as featured in the most recent seasons as Haley has replaced her as the designer who seems to be popping up in every episode.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics