Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Can't figure out the source...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:21 am
Of the smell! Lately I've noticed that my beautiful 7 year old daughter has an unpleasant smell about her at times. I feel awful about it and I want her to smell good and fresh of course. I don't want this to become a problem socially or at school with teachers...but I can't seem to figure out where the smell is coming from. She bathes regularly, brushes her teeth (I supervise), clothes are washed and clean. I've tried gently asking if she has gas but she says no. Help another mum out and give me some advice! Has this ever happened to you?
Anonymous because I find the whole thing a bit embarrassing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:44 pm
Bump. Sorry if it's gross...any ideas though?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:56 pm
Are you by any chance experiencing hyperosmia?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 1:00 pm
Smell her breath. Smell her underwear. See where the smell is coming from. Then see a doctor once you have the specifics.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 1:05 pm
Does she wipe properly after using the bathroom?
Might be a yeast infection or uti.
Might be her feet or shoes.
Maybe it's her breath.
Smell her clothes, certain clothing have a smell.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 1:07 pm
Dont know if this helps, but years ago my son had a funny smell, we finally figured it was coming from his mouth region. I took him to doctors and then dentists. Long story short he has stuck a sponge toy up his nose and it was causing the smell.

Try and narrow down the area that it seems to be coming from, and then work from there.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 1:17 pm
I found that a good chlorophyll eliminates odor. It stains items easily so watch out. I used to drink 1 tsp in 8oz. am and pm. Some have a mint taste. You can mix with a juice too.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 1:34 pm
Also, when you wash her stuff, u can put in a capful of downy unstoppable pellets. They make the clothing smell yummy and delicious. Also, she can bathe with a gentle bath bomb... Like everyone says, go thru each part of her inconspicuously. Don't make her feel paranoid about her odor or she'll be self conscious forever..

flmommy

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 2:10 pm
It is a sweaty smell? My DD same age needed to start wearing deodorant. Dr said it was normal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children