Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations
1  2  Next

soap suds

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:22 pm
My trusty old Electrolux vacuum cleaner took its last breath today. It has served me well for more than a decade. I thought I'd just replace it with another one just like it, but they don't seem to make it anymore.

Please tell me about your vacuum, and what its pros and cons are.

In the meantime, I'll go get acquainted with my broom.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:21 am
I love my Shark Navigator Lift Away. 5+ years and no end in sight. Bagless, works as upright or like a canister, HEPA filter, lightweight, no belts to replace, works on hard floors or carpet...

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:25 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I love my Shark Navigator Lift Away. 5+ years and no end in sight. Bagless, works as upright or like a canister, HEPA filter, lightweight, no belts to replace, works on hard floors or carpet...

Me too. I went with this on HY's recommendation a couple of years ago and I couldn't be happier. It's lightweight, easy to use, and not expensive. Sucks up dust like it's starving.

There are a couple of models. This one's on sale today on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Shark-N.....en_US

N'sMom

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:37 am
Chayalle wrote:
Me too. I went with this on HY's recommendation a couple of years ago and I couldn't be happier. It's lightweight, easy to use, and not expensive. Sucks up dust like it's starving.

There are a couple of models. This one's on sale today on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Shark-N.....en_US

Me too. I got mine at Costco 2 or 3 years ago for something like $120 and it is the best vacuum I have ever had. It works well, is lightweight and has any attachment you might need. I like that it is bagless and the hepa filter seems to make the house less dusty. Only con is that you need to occasionally (once every year or so?) rinse the filter or the vacuum overheats and shuts down temporarily. I learned this the hard way on erev pesach. But no biggy. What I do now is take the time to do it when I start pesach cleaning and it is perfect.

Last edited by N'sMom on Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

MiriFr

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:42 am
Dyson! It's cordless!!! And I can vacuum every surface in my entire house (rugs, hardwood floors, tiles) in like 15 minutes. Expensive, but worth it. It's cheaper than hiring a cleaning lady, that's for sure! Plus I bet they have good black friday deals

soap suds

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:08 pm
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. And having 3 people recommending the same one, is definitely helpful!

Thanks for the link Chayalle. I see so many different models, for different prices, and I don't see any major difference between them.

HY and N'sMom, do you also have the one that Chayalle linked to? If not, which model did you get?

TIA

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 8:52 pm
No, mine is a drop different. I contacted Shark at the time I was looking into them, and it turns out they're all the same minus one accessory that they change up. Honestly, that extra extension or whatever I don't think I even ended up using, just the standards Smile

N'sMom

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:06 pm
Hi. Sorry for the delay. Mine looks pretty much identical to that one. It is called the Shark liftaway deluxe. I realized when I went looking for the info that it's 5 years old, so presumably they have a new version. Good luck!

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:22 pm
I spent more than I should have and purchased a miele- I would NOT suggest it. Yes- it does a great job vacuuming, but it is sooo heavy and I have had to have it repaired several times or as they call it maintenance... so not worth it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:36 pm
Re: the shark liftaway -- Every store sells a slightly different model, but they're all the same vacuum, just different colors and different extra accessory (one for under appliances or super pet hair sucker upper or whatever). The basic vacuum and accessories are all the same. Hasn't changed over the years....it was like this 5 years ago as well when I was going crazy trying to figure out which exact model I wanted!

preciousmommy

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:47 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Dyson! It's cordless!!! And I can vacuum every surface in my entire house (rugs, hardwood floors, tiles) in like 15 minutes. Expensive, but worth it. It's cheaper than hiring a cleaning lady, that's for sure! Plus I bet they have good black friday deals

Wish I could like this more than once - I love my cordless Dyson!

soap suds

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 9:46 am
Thanks everyone. I ordered my Shark today. Although the cordless feature of the Dyson sounds tempting, I figured I'd try this one before investing in an expensive one. Can't go too wrong when spending under 100 bucks.

This site is really the greatest!

N'sMom

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 9:49 am
I think you will be happy with it. I originally got mine because I didn't have the $ for a more expensive one and figured this would be OK for a couple of years. And its 5 years and counting and has turned out to be my absolute favorite (I've had two Hoover before).

gande

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:09 am
I was thinking about a vacuum for a while and this thread gave me a push. There was an amazon deal on the shark flex cordless with 2 batteries for $150! I tried to get it, but it was too late so I got a very good warehouse deal for $110! So excited cant wait to use it!

N'sMom

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:13 am
Shark, the official brand of Imamother. Lol.

Bleemee

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:16 am
Ok can someone please walk me through the Sharks again? I read this thread and not sure I'm clear.
The one linked isn't on sale now so I can get any- from what I understand they're really all the same?
I've done this rabbit hole once and didn't end up buying. I don't get it. What are the attachments about? Do I just go with the cheapest?
Is it a pain to vacuum under couches?

Bleemee

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:16 am
N'sMom wrote:
Shark, the official brand of Imamother. Lol.
All Internet forums! Very Happy

Bleemee

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:18 am
Like what about this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005.....0cnVl

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:15 pm
Way overpriced for a Navigator LiftAway. You definitely should be able to spend $150 or less on it. Rotator is the next line up, but I don't know the differences really since it came out after I bought mine.
The attachments are basically all the same in the Navigator line. There is one extra one that comes depending on the model/color but honestly I never used whichever one came with mine. We use the standards. Liftaway means it has the option to use it like a canister vacuum which, to me, is huge. Some of the Sharks are not Liftaways and are cheaper.

Bleemee

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 5:26 pm
Thanks HY
Anyone know what Rotator means?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars