Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Flexible Careers

purpleink

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 8:18 am
I have a Masters in Education and taught for a few years, but the hours are difficult for me with my little kids and the prep time is really long. In addition, teaching is difficult for me since I am a more introverted person. I took a break to be with my kids but want to go back to working. I am looking to go back to school to pursue another degree. Here are my criteria:
1. I want a job that allows me to make my own hours. So if my child needs to go to a doctor's appointment or if I want to work fewer hours one week, I have the ability to do that.
2. Pays decently
3. Not a job where I need to run after people collecting money or doing sales (again, I am more of a quiet person; I can do one-on-one very well)

I looked into cyber security and am interested but it seems like all jobs are 40 hours a week. I also looked into being a mental health therapist (I'm not in NY/NJ area) and am considering it. Nursing wouldn't work because of the long shifts. OT, PT, and SLP- not my cup of tea.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding jobs where you can create your own hours (something stable, requiring a degree), please let me know- I would be very grateful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics