Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Refeeding
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 6:03 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
To clarify about Renfrew: I was at the Florida residential location.

That makes more sense. Their Florida residential is one of their better locations. Some of the other ones really suck.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:57 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
That makes more sense. Their Florida residential is one of their better locations. Some of the other ones really suck.

I was at the Philadelphia one. So that's the one I had experience with.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:03 pm
Please please please look into the neurobiological causes for anorexia. Cutting edge research shows that neuroinflammation and brain autoimmunity may be a big piece of this. Many kids with post infectious encephalopathies develop anorexia and when they address the encephalopathy they see huge improvements in the anorexic behaviors too. This article was written and published by a top researcher at the NIH https://pediatrics.aappublicat.....73060

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:07 pm
I kind of assumed that you did, but just to make sure, have you had her checked out by a pediatrician who specializes in adolescent medicine and eating disorders?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 12:01 am
My dd20 is working with a team virtually and in person refeeding from anorexia. RD specializing in EDs, therapist specializes in ED , and MD where she gets weighed ( without knowing the number) weekly. She lives out of state but is " medically stable". Gaining about 1/2 lbs per week. So important to have a team.
The Maudsley approach sounds like what you're looking for. It's family based on the premise that parents love and support produces best results. It's appropriate for teens living st home. Google F.E.A.S.T for support and info. Also NEDA has lots of info.
I never wanted to know all this. Our lives have been turned upside down. I do believe complete recovery IS possible. Iy"H, you will have successful refeeding. The mental piece is a bigger component because it's really not about food, it's about control. However when the brain is malnourished it is challenging to get cooperation, so refeeding must be done slowly, with supervision, but steadily. Hatzlacha raba!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 8:06 am
I did it over about a year with my daughter. If you want to post an anonymous email address, I can contact you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:05 pm
Thank you everyone for your kind & helpful
replies. Amother Blue, could you please share your email?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 6:25 pm
For obvious reasons🙂 I don't want to share any identifying email addresses on a public forum. Here's my anonymous email: . mouseanon2016@gmail.com.

I really hope I can help!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children