Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Nail Polish on Jewelry

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 6:13 am
I bought a necklace and some of the fake diamond stones fell out. The store replaced it and told me to put clear nail polish on the necklace to prevent this from happening again.
I'm a bit nervous to do this - anyone tried it?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 6:24 am
You should complain about cheap workmanship and demand a new necklace, you shouldn't be having to do DIY repairs on your own.

The nail polish will dull the sparkle of the gems, because it softens the light that reaches the stones. The only time you should use nail polish, is on the inside of rings and bracelets that turn your skin green.

If I had made that necklace, I would be mortified and offer you a new one or a full refund ASAP. (I ran my own jewelry business for several years, and IYH hope to start it up again soon.)

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 6:27 am
I know, it's a bit upsetting considering it cost a nice amount of money.
The store sent it back to the company to repair it, which they did, but they also sent back this advice. It seems like it's a normal thing by them.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 6:36 am
Flip Flops wrote:
It seems like it's a normal thing by them.

They are basically admitting that their jewelry falls apart on a regular basis? Surprised

Oh heck no, that would never fly with me! If I sell something that breaks, I ask the buyer to send it back so that I can see what I did wrong. Then I take it apart and make it a lot stronger. I thank them for helping me improve the quality of my work, and send them a free gift.

Any company that is so casual about quality control should be avoided at all costs.

If you want really good quality costume jewelry, check out Bluebell Wholesale. They have a huge assortment of styles, excellent customer service, and ship very quickly. Their CZ collection is gorgeous. I have bought a lot from them over the years, and I've always been very happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars