Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ohel Torah info?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:20 am
can anyone tell me anything about Ohel Torah the yeshiva on ocean ave?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can anyone tell me anything about Ohel Torah the yeshiva on ocean ave?

bumping up

op- did you find anything out?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 11:24 pm
Its a sephardic school, with a good education. Not yeshivishe so much as just plain frum. They emphasize torah learning but don't push a kollel lifestyle.

nicole81

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 9:29 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Its a sephardic school, with a good education. Not yeshivishe so much as just plain frum. They emphasize torah learning but don't push a kollel lifestyle.

Is the school mostly SY or is it a mix of sefardim? Is there a leave-tv-on-over-shabbat constituency? And/or do any fathers wear black hats? Please feel free to pm me with any info. Thanks!

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:17 am
nicole81 wrote:
Is the school mostly SY or is it a mix of sefardim? Is there a leave-tv-on-over-shabbat constituency? And/or do any fathers wear black hats? Please feel free to pm me with any info. Thanks!

It's a mix, although percentage wise it may be more SY. The families I know that send there are very frum, fathers studied in yeshiva for several years before and even after marriage, and wear black hats day to day. They are far, far from the leave the TV on type. What differentiates them from ateret is the emphasis on a good secular education also, as well as general worldlyness. They have a lot of school wide programs and incentives that are very nicely done.

nicole81

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:32 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
It's a mix, although percentage wise it may be more SY. The families I know that send there are very frum, fathers studied in yeshiva for several years before and even after marriage, and wear black hats day to day. They are far, far from the leave the TV on type. What differentiates them from ateret is the emphasis on a good secular education also, as well as general worldlyness. They have a lot of school wide programs and incentives that are very nicely done.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a great school!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics